PDA

View Full Version : The Gentilozzi Connection...

JoeBob
07-13-03, 07:51 PM
Various Media reports had Paul Gentilozzi having dinner with some of the key players in whatever deal CART is working. He's an interesting character. I don't like what his administration did to Boris Said, but he is a good soundbyte.

And, I'd really love to see a more formal Trans Am/CART alliance. Trans Am already races with CART at most road/street circuits. Having Trans Am at all of CART's North America Road/Street circuits would be awesome. I don't watch them much on TV, but they're a don't miss at the track.

So... what is his deal, and what does it mean for CART?

SteveH
07-14-03, 12:14 AM
"And, I'd really love to see a more formal Trans Am/CART alliance."

Amen to that. Makes for a very good combination. TA should run on Sat. following quals. Great package.

mapguy
07-14-03, 05:48 AM
I would not complain if there were more T/A at C^RT events.

RichK
07-14-03, 01:23 PM
I guess I'll go against the grain on this one. I'd rather see Speed Touring with CART. I like the races alot better than Trans Am, and I think the Speed cars are more attractive to the CART crowd.

racer2c
07-14-03, 01:37 PM
I've always had a take it or leave it attitude with TA. The ontrack racing is supurb at times, but I'm not one to get excited over tube frames. They bug me.

If the drivers went from TA to CART, I'd have a different opinion.

pferrf1
07-14-03, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by RichK
I guess I'll go against the grain on this one. I'd rather see Speed Touring with CART. I like the races alot better than Trans Am, and I think the Speed cars are more attractive to the CART crowd.

I'm with you on that one... Although I don't think there be many cars left at a street race like Toronto... those guys bang around enough as it is, without the concrete walls.

Turn7
07-14-03, 05:52 PM
The TransAm guys raced in Houston. They still beat and bang just a little more because there is a wall to rebound them back into play! Sort of like raquetball.

Barton
07-14-03, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by pferrf1
I'm with you on that one... Although I don't think there be many cars left at a street race like Toronto... those guys bang around enough as it is, without the concrete walls.

The DC race would tend to lend credence to your arguement... although it was one of the best races of the year! The SPEED GT and Touring folks always put on a great race, though.

Peter Venkman
07-21-03, 04:06 PM
"I'd rather see Speed Touring with CART."

Speed Touring and GT are far better races than the average TranAm race.

It's a great mix of manufacturers and very talented drivers.

mapguy
07-21-03, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Peter Venkman
"I'd rather see Speed Touring with CART."

Speed Touring and GT are far better races than the average TranAm race.

It's a great mix of manufacturers and very talented drivers.

I agree. Throw in Speed Touring and GT with some T & A and we have a winner.

Peter Venkman
07-21-03, 04:53 PM
"... with some T & A and we have a winner."

Now you have it.