PDA

View Full Version : 2030

SteveH
05-16-24, 09:51 AM
F1 READY TO CONSIDER DIFFERENT ENGINES FROM 2030 IN PUSH FOR MORE NOISE (https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-ready-to-consider-different-engines-from-2030-in-push-for-more-noise/10611063/)

And in what could be a dramatic change of approach for F1 after what by then will have been more than 15 years of turbo hybrid engines, Domenicali has hinted that one option could be to abandon the current concept altogether.

And he went on to suggest that, if F1’s switch to running fully sustainable fuels for 2026 proves successful, then abandoning hybrids in favour of a new direction could be something to think about.

Yay, in hopes for smaller, more nimble chassis

nissan gtp
05-16-24, 11:47 AM
I find it really hard to believe the manufacturers would be interested in new V10's or V8's.

stroker
05-17-24, 07:25 AM
I find it easy to believe:

1. They have discovered the entire exercise is fabricated dramatics so engine noise is a fundamental part

or

2. The push to EV's is a complete scam which will be recognized by 2030 and they'll be happy to embrace ICE-only by then.

nissan gtp
05-17-24, 06:14 PM
I find it easy to believe:

1. They have discovered the entire exercise is fabricated dramatics so engine noise is a fundamental part

or

2. The push to EV's is a complete scam which will be recognized by 2030 and they'll be happy to embrace ICE-only by then.

well, it’s not going to be 2