PDA

View Full Version : Columbus CBS sucks

RaceGrrl
07-13-03, 02:42 PM
Great... OSU has some stupid news conference at 2pm about special class treatment of a football player (Clarett) and we miss race coverage because of it. Who gives a crap about this news conference. It's not like we don't already know that football players are treated differently than other students. :flame:

Hardpoint
07-13-03, 03:24 PM
Easy now!!!!

Railbird
07-13-03, 03:27 PM
got to see it all here in Indy

mello
07-13-03, 03:38 PM
Yah well fook cbs and the new package deal. They did it to us last year too. It opens to many doors for locals to close on us. Is well and dandy if your local is a okay that day but if not you get to go through what we did today. Start of race. ... OSU bullcrap..and last 2 laps. Totally ticked and not mello at all about this.

nrc
07-13-03, 04:00 PM
I would be happy to see every race on SPEED, but CART needs the network exposure and CBS hasn't been any worse than ABC for pre-empts or interruptions.

mello
07-13-03, 04:09 PM
Well Logical does not count with me right now. I just know we missed a race cause of it. And it is not the first time. CBS screwed us last year too when we first met nrc. And the responses we get from them are horrible.

GO BLUE!

Railbird
07-13-03, 04:13 PM
Lacal stations are just that, local.

If some bs about IU was happening around here I spect we would get pre empted.

But, nrc is right, they need the network exposure to keep and attract sponsors.

mello
07-13-03, 04:25 PM
Network does no good if we can't see it in a major market.

rabbit
07-13-03, 05:00 PM
It's sad, but I guarantee you the Clarett press conference got higher ratings than the race would have. Columbus is all about Buckeye football. EVERYTHING else is second. They would have pre-empted the Masters for that.

nrc
07-13-03, 05:01 PM
Even with the pre-empts in one market or another, in any given week the network races draw eight to ten times more households than the SPEED races.

Given the status of OSU in Columbus we're probably fortunate that we didn't get a full two hour special report on the whole deal.

rabbit
07-13-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Even with the pre-empts in one market or another, in any given week the network races draw eight to ten times more households than the SPEED races.

Given the status of OSU in Columbus we're probably fortunate that we didn't get a full two hour special report on the whole deal. bingo

JoeBob
07-13-03, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mello
Network does no good if we can't see it in a major market.

What major market couldn't see it? The only market I've heard of that had problems is Columbus. ;)

But, I will agree with mel on one thing:

GO BLUE!

rabbit
07-13-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
What major market couldn't see it? The only market I've heard of that had problems is Columbus. ;)

GO BLUE! You remember Columbus. That was the city that was celebrating after the OSU/Michigan game AND the Fiesta Bowl.
:p :cool:

Ankf00
07-13-03, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
You remember Columbus. That was the city that was celebrating after the OSU/Michigan game AND the Fiesta Bowl.
:p :cool:
b.s. P.I. call and you know it :p

mello
07-13-03, 05:40 PM
Well ABC.. and NBC happened to go back to their progams about 15 min prior to cbs. I know .. not alot of time but they had golf and nascar on.

GO Blue!!

mello
07-13-03, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob

GO BLUE!

As always.. BJ you make me laugh.:D

mello
07-13-03, 05:54 PM
Opps .. sorry that was to be JB.. Not BJ.. some might confuse what I called you.

Ankf00
07-13-03, 05:56 PM
there IS an edit button you know ;)

RaceGrrl
07-13-03, 05:58 PM
Sheesh... I KNOW all of this. My post was a rant. Nothing more. :rolleyes:

mello
07-13-03, 06:02 PM
Mine still is grrl :) Nothing more.

Railbird
07-13-03, 06:21 PM
rant away big guy

we feel your pain like Oprah with a gas cramp

Chitowncartfreak
07-13-03, 06:57 PM
This would never happen in Iowa City since the University of Iowa (Go Hawks!) has such a clean athletic program.:rolleyes:

DjDrOmusic
07-13-03, 10:09 PM
10TV will now interrupt the President's State of the Union Address, for this breaking news story from OSU....This evening the Buckeye's have decided to order pizza from PaPa Johns instead of Donato's. Coaches and the administration are meeting to discuss the possible ramifications of a loss of revenue if Donatos gets too PO'd and takes down their signs at the Shoe!

:rolleyes: :shakehead :thumdown: