PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Ads

TravelGal
02-09-24, 04:44 PM
New ones are online so I can't resist looking. Looking for your comments. Here are a few of mine.

There are the obligatory cringe-worthy ones. Ugh. Some looked so awful I couldn't even open the file; some I'm sorry I did.
The Clydesdales failed to impress me.
Celebs everywhere. Of the few I watched, I loved Messi for Michelob. I smiled through the whole one and half minutes of the full version.
Ahnold made me laugh. Embarrassing to admit it.
Just when I thought I couldn't admire *Sir* Anthony Hopkins more, he does this piece of craziness. :laugh:
UberEats--makes me glad I don't use it.
On the other hand, I'm going out to buy some Lindt chocolate right now. Soothing! And Perry, :thumbup:

stroker
02-10-24, 09:44 AM
Patrick Stewart. Cringe.

nrc
02-13-24, 12:14 AM
I fast forwarded through most of them. Missed the Ahnold one which was one of the better. Also the Tmobile one with Jason Mamoa along with Zach Braff and Donald Faison from Scrubs. Pretty much a rehash of last year, though.

Most of them now are painful, cringy exercises in trying too hard with too little room to be creative or edgy. That's the reason for all the celebs. It's the only safe formula that at least gets attention.

SteveH
02-13-24, 08:40 AM
The Dunking track suits went on sale yesterday morning...

https://x.com/darrenrovell/status/1757102931323572382?s=42&t=FtBbY0VGTU6tkFPNjgS-pg

TravelGal
02-13-24, 11:53 AM
I watched them all. What I noticed was that most of them were shortened versions of the original. They cut out the magic of watching Messi mess with the ball for a long stretch on the beach at the beginning. They cut out the funniest retorts back and forth with Arnold. Even the Budweiser one was shortened. To your point, nrc, the pundits are commenting that the message gets lost with the celeb. You had to concentrate to the very end to figure out what was Christopher Walken advertising, for example. Overall, I thought it was better than the last few years. At least there were a few bright spots.

SteveH
02-13-24, 11:10 PM
https://x.com/darrenrovell/status/1757601313972531382?s=46&t=FtBbY0VGTU6tkFPNjgS-pg