PDA

View Full Version : Its Official: Sebastien Has Gotten Into Bruno's Head

JoeBob
07-12-03, 06:57 PM
He's fast but he doesn't know anything about cars?!?!

What on earth was Bruno thinking?

pchall
07-12-03, 08:18 PM
Bruno thinks?

Railbird
07-12-03, 09:05 PM
apparently very hesitantly pchall.

Hell, as big as that boy's dome is there should be room for the whole field to climb in.

Ziggy
07-13-03, 12:01 AM
Here is what I think happened. Bruno was just relaying the message that they tried a set up from Sebastians car, he was not to hip on doing it, and got outvoted. Turns out that it didnt work. Now, fast forward, he just got out of the car, and probably had yet to talk to his engineer. He shared his thoughts with the TV guy, rather than the engineer.

I write if off as one of those funny "foreign guy" quirks in which his grasp of the language does not meet the question or response on the same wave lenght

No big deal

Just my two cents

Ziggy

Kate
07-13-03, 07:48 AM
That's what I think too -- it was a throw-away line and people are trying to build it into a Senna v. Prost type calculated remark. Bruno was very relaxed and in a good mood when he came to the post-qualifying and I really think all he meant to say was, "He's fast but he's got something to learn about setting up a car." And that is certainly true.

RaceChic
07-14-03, 11:40 AM
At Cleveland and Toronto, I had the opportunity to talk with Bruno Junqueira. I found him to interact freely with me as well as be very warm and friendly. I, along with many others, have made fun of Bruno, but I have started to look at him differently. I found him to be very pleased to have someone be intersted in talking with him and therefore was very attentive to the conversation.

I recall spending three weeks driving around Mexico in a car in areas that are not heavily populated by tourists and felt very vulnerable. I'm sure I looked like an idiot many times.

It cannot be easy to come to North America with very little command of the english language and have to adjust to a whole new series, culture and language. I find his english language skills to have improved significantly since last year and enjoyed my conversation with a very down to earth man. I, myself, cut him some slack.

KobySon
07-14-03, 01:23 PM
I think the producers are just trying to build up rivalries in general.

For example, the pre-race when they were quoting Bruno as saying he would stick it to Paul or something like that. Of course when they ask him live about the quote he was very diplomatic.

Now he may be just silly enough to make such comments, but I think a bigger part of this is that they are trying to play up any comments right now.

RaceChic
07-14-03, 01:53 PM
Kinda like "As The Paddock Turns"..... :)

molive
07-14-03, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kate
That's what I think too -- it was a throw-away line and people are trying to build it into a Senna v. Prost type calculated remark.

Spot on.