PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jimmy Buffet

SteveH
09-02-23, 08:40 AM
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-buffett-dead/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ugh&utm_term=UCR

nrc
09-02-23, 02:12 PM
Ah, rats. Time marches on even in Margaritaville. Condolences to the parrotheads.

We made a point to see some of our old favorites on tour this summer. The number of walkers going down the aisle was sobering.

Ah well. Here's to a lifetime of great music and those who made it.

Anteater
09-03-23, 01:08 AM
A sad day indeed. :(

Over the past 10 years, Mr. Anteater and I have been making a point of trying to see as many of the classic rock bands in concert as we can, because they're not going to be around forever. So thankful that we had the privilege of seeing Jimmy Buffett at the Santa Barbara Bowl back in 2014; he put on a wonderful show!

True about the walkers. We saw Styx back in July; as we exited the amphitheater, one of the attendees was joking about "How many in the audience tonight have had knee replacements?" But what's cool is that we've also seen many twenty-somethings at these concerts, and they're totally into the music.

SteveH
09-03-23, 09:45 AM
There are a few acts that I’d love to see before it’s too late. Acts I’ve never seen. At the top of the list is Paul Carrack. A few years ago, after the fact I heard that Petula Clark had performed a few hours away. Definitely would have attended had I known.

TravelGal
09-03-23, 06:47 PM
One of my best friends just moved to a Margaritaville in south Florida. She posted long videos of their tribute to Jimmy B.

I loved him as a person even more than his music. He was a genius at business (reportedly worth $1 Billion) but didn't make an A$$ out of himself about it. He always stayed true to himself. As to his music, I've seen 4 or 5 interpretations in the last two days of what Margaritaville was all about and my interpretation is completely different from any of them. That makes him a genius in music also.