PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone GP Chat Thread

pfc_m_drake
07-07-23, 07:42 PM
Looks like we'll be ON for Sunday!
https://meet.jit.si/offcamberdotnet

If I did my maths correctly we're looking at:
10am EDT, 9am CDT, 8am MDT, 7am PDT

Alaska/Hawaii/other time zones do your own calculations.

Hope to see some of you there!!!!!

devilmaster
07-09-23, 12:12 AM
home after 24 days... i'm in. cya there.

swift
07-09-23, 02:03 AM
:thumbup:
I should be able to pop in for the first half of the race.

pfc_m_drake
07-09-23, 09:16 AM
I'll proably be a minute or two late b/c I'm finishing up my runs on the stationary bike and I want to shower off first. But I'll be there...don't bail o me!

devilmaster
07-09-23, 02:39 PM
good chat again. Plenty of tedtalks, paris photos and good comraderie to keep a boring race interesting. Plus we had the 6 hours of Monza too.

pfc_m_drake
07-09-23, 03:55 PM
Agreed - it was a good time, as always :thumbup:

TravelGal
07-15-23, 11:31 AM
Agreed - it was a good time, as always :thumbup:

Sorry to have missed it. I was in Canada, eh.

pfc_m_drake
07-17-23, 04:38 AM
Sorry to have missed it. I was in Canada, eh.I was thinking maybe we'd do the Toronto IndyCar Race yesterday, but I looked and it was only on Peacock. Not sure if it was broadcast OTA for our Canadian Chat friends.

TravelGal
07-17-23, 02:01 PM
I was thinking maybe we'd do the Toronto IndyCar Race yesterday, but I looked and it was only on Peacock. Not sure if it was broadcast OTA for our Canadian Chat friends.

Yeah, I was pizzed. ONE TIME I manage to get to the chat on time and there's no race to be watched!

swift
07-19-23, 12:12 AM
I was thinking maybe we'd do the Toronto IndyCar Race yesterday, but I looked and it was only on Peacock. Not sure if it was broadcast OTA for our Canadian Chat friends.

My fuzzy memory recalls seeing a banner ad for the Toronto race on both TSN and the TSN+ streaming service. This season I've been catching the qualifying broadcasts and the non-NBC races on TSN+; not sure how long they're keeping it free.

I wasn't able to catch a broadcast as I was sitting by the turn 3 braking markers on Sunday afternoon.

devilmaster
07-19-23, 01:25 PM
I'll be honest..... just didn't really care.

I was home, relaxed through the day. Knew the race was on cause I looked at twitter and stephan wilson talked about how to return pit lane to its former glory.

saw the extended race recap on youtube. When and why did they change pitlane? I assume construction got in the way. Anyways, that was my day. :laugh:

swift
07-19-23, 10:59 PM
When and why did they change pitlane? I assume construction got in the way.

2016, the mid-rise component of Hotel X (https://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/hotel-x-was-hotel-garden.6113) now takes up space by the inside approach to turn 1.