PDA

View Full Version : cart.com wallpapers

rabbit
07-11-03, 04:08 PM
I have to say, one complaint I have with cart.com is how long it takes for them to get wallpapers up after a race, how few there are, and the poor quality of them.

Go to f1live.com the night of an F1 race and there are two pages worth of high-quality photos in wallpaper size. Here we are almost a week after Cleveland and there isn't one wallpaper up. And when we do get them, there will be just five or six and they'll have the crap edited out of them so they're all grainy looking.

They've gotten better in recent weeks, quality wise (which, BTW, my complaint isn't with the photography, but with the overediting of the photos; just put them up in all their hi-res glory). But like I said, I would just like some good, high-quality photos, available in under a week, and lots of them to choose from.

Is that too much to ask?

racer2c
07-11-03, 04:41 PM
I have enjoyed CARTs official wallpapers for two seasons now. They are actually the only wallpapers I use at work and at home. I think the delay stems from the wonderful graphic editing that someone is doing. The graininess you are referring to is probably a filter that was added for affect.

I'm a professional web designer and certified in Photoshop so I like to think I know a little something on the subject. :)

They evidently are buying the stock photography from LAT Photo. Maybe there is a delay in getting the pics from them and then maybe just one or two designers are editing them.

I prefer them edited over just raw photos. But I can see how others like the trueness to the originals. I think they should offer both! :cool:

JoeBob
07-11-03, 04:58 PM
I long for the day when CART's biggest problem is that they don't get wallpapers uploaded to their website soon enough after a race. ;)