PDA

View Full Version : Curved monitor

TravelGal
05-26-23, 07:07 PM
I visited someone in a local business who had a curved monitor. 42" VIOTEK. I'm green with envy. It seems so much more convenient than moving things back and forth between two. I'm hyper about distortion though, which may put this out of my price range. He said he paid about $900 and I still saw more distortion that I was willing to put with. I thought it was probably the way he set up but I have no idea. PS, it's a few years old. I see they don't even make 42" any more.
Anyone have any experience with these?

SteveH
05-26-23, 11:21 PM
No experience but I know the google

https://www.pcmag.com/lists/best-curved-monitors?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=14652417527&cq_con=126006854846&cq_term=best+curved+monitors&cq_med=&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIupKxrsWU_wIVOMrjBx3TFgj6EAAYASAA EgKGkvD_BwE&test_uuid=03T4cHOw8Koq98RiaGoZwil&test_variant=a

devilmaster
05-27-23, 12:27 AM
curved gaming monitors are relatively cheaper now. Look for gaming monitors that are curved (gaming monitors, even though you probably don't game, will have better specs and are more in demand which should have better prices).

Go to bestbuys, staples, and microcenters to check out monitors they have, as most will have monitors connected to a computer/willing to hook up to a computer so you can view it live.

nrc
05-28-23, 01:48 AM
When I was shopping for a 27" a while back the curved feature didn't feel necessary. At work I have two 19" side by side and I do angle them similar to a curved monitor. Something like 36" is probably the point it becomes helpful. I can't really speak to the distortion issue since I've only looked at them in the stores.

Let us know what you think.

G.
05-28-23, 11:38 PM
Last I looked, which was a few years ago, curved monitors were GREAT at showing any light behind you to show up wherever you were looking on the monitor.

That included the reflection of the screen onto my glasses (back onto the screen). They were ridiculous, unless your mom's basement was really dark, and she sprung for contact lenses for you.

Again, this was a while ago, and it was for TVs. I have never even glanced at them since.

TravelGal
05-29-23, 10:38 AM
Ahhhhhh, thanks for the all the points to consider. I have a feeling that this going to be a "next year" purchase. I do have two monitors side by side so it's definitely not urgent. That's why I'm starting now of course. :D