PDA

View Full Version : F1 Arcade

SteveH
05-11-23, 11:17 AM
Already open in London, will open in Boston next year

F1 Arcade set to open first United States venue at Boston Seaport (https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.f1-arcade-set-to-open-its-first-united-states-venue-at-boston-seaport.4h7KRRh3jBo3bNrulEgxoZ.html)

Following a successful start to life for the flagship London location, which has welcomed more than 8,000 fans each week since opening late last year, Boston Seaport will be first to bring the concept – which combines best-in-class food and drinks offerings with cutting-edge sim racing equipment – across the Atlantic.

It is set to be the first of many venues in the US, as part of a plan to establish more than 20 permanent locations in America over the next five years.

This guys aren't messing around. There have been lots of questions if they can sustain the interest after the Drive to Survive bump wears off, after the glamor of Miami and Vegas loses its shine..... if Liberty Media continues to invest in F1 like this, then I think it will continue. And they are aiming at a younger clientele for sustainable interest.

I'm not attracted to the arcade concept. But I'm not their target market either.

TravelGal
05-11-23, 01:21 PM
Plus they have had an F1 experience as part of the arcade on some of the cruise ships for a few years now