PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach GP Chat Thread (?)

pfc_m_drake
04-15-23, 02:48 PM
Anybody around tomorrow and want to chat for LB Race???

https://meet.jit.si/offcamberdotnet

Race is 3:30-5:30pm on NBC Post up in this thread if you can make it!

pfc_m_drake
04-16-23, 06:11 PM
Not a great race - but awesome chat!

Glad we were online together since my local TV station decided to cut away on the white flag lap for thunderstorm updates. I guess that couldn't wait 55 seconds :shakehead::thumbdown::saywhat::saywhat:

Since the 'premier' race for next weekend is NASCAR at Talladega we can probably skip that :rofl: but I'll catch you again soon!

TravelGal
04-17-23, 12:16 PM
Sorry I missed the chat. I've been recovering from my trip so caught the whole thing on DVR later. I thought it was a pretty good race. Granted I liberally used the mute button but various things happened at different places and I didn't fall asleep once. That makes it above average on the Marge Meter. :)

swift
04-17-23, 11:59 PM
:cry::cry:
I accidentally missed this one! (Didn't realise there were multiple active threads in the "Open Wheel Racing" subforum, despite checking in to OC a few times this weekend)
:cry::cry:

<SPOILERS>
Enjoyable race for me; Romain finally didn't red-mist himself out of a podium finish. Kirkwood gets the W in his third run in a "real" car (last year's Foytscapades don't count according to the NBC broadcast crew).

See everyone next time!

devilmaster
04-18-23, 08:49 PM
It was a good chat, interspersed with me going 'what's going on in this race?' every 5-10 laps or so. :saywhat:

I still don't know why you have a laptop microphone in the other room, seems counter-intuitive to me.... :confused:

And J, what was it that you wanted to say to TG? :D

TravelGal
04-19-23, 12:09 PM

:eek::eek:

pfc_m_drake
04-19-23, 08:40 PM

Me...oh....oh yeah.

I already knew that TG wasn't going to be in chat because she owns a Shetland Pony that had a case of pedal osteitis. As the green flag flew she had plans to meet a specialized Veterinarian who was taking a slow boat from Indonesia at the Port of Los Angeles while he cleared customs & immigration so that he could treat her horse.

So she couldn't make our race chat as a result.

TravelGal
04-21-23, 02:54 PM
Me...oh....oh yeah.

I already knew that TG wasn't going to be in chat because she owns a Shetland Pony that had a case of pedal osteitis. As the green flag flew she had plans to meet a specialized Veterinarian who was taking a slow boat from Indonesia at the Port of Los Angeles while he cleared customs & immigration so that he could treat her horse.

So she couldn't make our race chat as a result.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: