PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Walk of Fame

TravelGal
03-16-23, 01:40 PM
Looks like Ima gonna hafta drive down there on Thursday also. Long Beach Motorsports Walk of Fame announces induction of James Hinchcliff and Ryan Hunter-Reay on April 13. Seriously, if you're in the neighborhood, it's a morning ceremony with, sadly, hardly anybody in attendance. Probably a hundred chairs are set up with more than half filled. Listen to a few speeches; get a hero card; get the guys to sign it. So low key.

Anteater
04-14-23, 01:32 PM
I enjoyed the ceremony, despite the drizzle. The first thing I saw was Dan Gurney's Walk of Fame plaque on the sidewalk, surrounded by bouquets honoring his 92nd birthday yesterday. Sadly, RHR didn't make it to the ceremony; he was unable to fly due to the bad weather/closure of Ft. Lauderdale Airport (he and his family actually made it to the airport, then were trapped in it due to street flooding). Hinch was his usual eloquent and gracious self.

I think I saw as many people wearing Champ Car attire as I did IC attire!

TravelGal
04-15-23, 12:45 PM
I enjoyed the ceremony, despite the drizzle. The first thing I saw was Dan Gurney's Walk of Fame plaque on the sidewalk, surrounded by bouquets honoring his 92nd birthday yesterday. Sadly, RHR didn't make it to the ceremony; he was unable to fly due to the bad weather/closure of Ft. Lauderdale Airport (he and his family actually made it to the airport, then were trapped in it due to street flooding). Hinch was his usual eloquent and gracious self.

I think I saw as many people wearing Champ Car attire as I did IC attire!

:thumbup::thumbup: