PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ken Block

nrc
01-03-23, 05:18 AM
I was shocked by this. Someone commented on it on Twitter and I thought they had to be making a wisecrack.

https://news.yahoo.com/ken-block-dc-shoes-co-042537557.html

According to a TMZ report, the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office in Heber City, Utah, said in a statement that Block was riding a snowmobile at around 2 p.m. MT on a steep slope when the vehicle upended and landed on top of him. According to the report, officials said Block was pronounced dead on scene due to the injuries suffered during the accident.

Elmo T
01-03-23, 11:33 AM
He was posting recently about the snow (12/29) and a project with his 16yo daughter (posted just yesterday AM).

Sad... life changes in an instant.

TravelGal
01-03-23, 12:36 PM
Really tough. So sad for him. The day before Jeremy Renner had a massive snowmobile accident so I thought for a blink of an eye that I was reading the newsflash wrong. Renner is out of surgery but still in critical condition.

pfc_m_drake
01-03-23, 08:59 PM
As someone who is originally from snowmobile country (Western New York - south of Buffalo) I can tell you it happens all the time. Though the 'typical' story often involves someone riding a snowmobile in a field somewhere and a barbed-wire fence. I'll spare you the details...but it faithfully happens a couple of times every winter.

RIP...very sad story :(