PDA

View Full Version : Liveries of concern

G.
11-22-22, 12:48 AM
So my youngest son (19) has always been a fan of the Flying Lizard team. Since they haven't been a Porsche factory team for several years, they have branched out in every direction, including the Lambo Cup. This past years' entry was the #14 SparkleFarts. Very popular with the fans, since the driver'$ young daughter designed the livery. He told her, you design it, I'll race it.

My pics do NOT do it justice. It is quite sparkly, indeed.
(girl was a fan, dressed up for a pic with the car)

Anyway, today he gets a package from kbru (Kelly, Flying Lizard's outstanding PR person). He won a plushie and he loves it.

I've always told him that he can be whatever part of the alphabet identity that he belongs with, LGTBQ... and I would still love him. The exceptions OF COURSE are the furries and the bronies. Don't look that up.

I may have lost a son. :cry::shakehead:
I blame the Anime that he watches.

:gomer::laugh:

Race on, SparkleFarts, race on.

Elmo T
11-22-22, 07:45 AM
Serious legit race team + silly fun livery (with cute & endearing back story) = PR Gold :thumbup:

I would much rather see SparkleFarts out on the track versus some B2B corporate sponsor that is meaningless to me as a race fan.

SteveH
11-22-22, 11:25 AM
I like the livery. Sports cars seem to be more adventurous in livery design than open wheel. Obviously sports cars have a larger canvas but there have been some unique open wheel designs over the years, just not enough.

TravelGal
11-22-22, 09:06 PM
From G. "kbru (Kelly, Flying Lizard's outstanding PR person)" Kelly IS outstanding. Most companies, I'm looking at you, Disney, would have sent over a package containing a trademark infringement lawsuit. :gomer:

G.
11-23-22, 04:25 AM
Agree with meaningful liveries :thumbup: and Corp Disney. :flaming:

The young girl, whom I do not know, came to the race apparently just to get pics with SparkleFarts. It's hard to see, and I blurred her out, but she has a headpiece on to match the car - unicorn horn, sparkly ears, etc. Her shoes even sparkled.

Driver came out to talk to her, get pics, etc., it was a beautiful moment for her. I wasn't going to mess it up getting a bunch of photos or getting in the way. My son respected her time as well, so we didn't get enough Sparklefarts pics.

FYI, since some of you know him, or will meet him someday, he has told me that he is hetero (whatevs :cool:). A neighbor friend is a cosplay furry, and he sometimes chaperones her to events. So I give him crap about it, in fun.

I hope...
;)

SteveH
11-23-22, 08:37 AM
G, it’s all good :thumbup:

nrc
11-23-22, 11:55 AM
Reminds me of the Teenage Muitant Ninja Turtles liveried Taurus SHOs that ran in the Firehawk series in the early '90s. Evidently it was one of the earliest uses of large format graphic decals to create a livery.

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/2020/10/19/cowabunga-yes-there-was-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-themed-ford-taurus-sho-imsa-car