PDA

View Full Version : So IndyCar is looking for new tracks

Gopeddle
09-28-22, 11:27 AM
I'm glad IndyCar is looking to increase their races and new tracks. They definitely need to lengthen their season. Personally, I'd love to see them go back to the "Glen". It's one of the best in the country, it's a great natural terrain track with an unparalleled history. (It's sacrilege that NASCAR has their big, ugly boxes running around that place.) But, I digress! Who's for Watkin's Glen, which other tracks would you like to see on the new schedule?

SteveH
09-28-22, 08:16 PM
Michigan and Milwaukee - but both were attendance disasters, not sure how that gets fixed. It doesn't appear that IndyCar attendance was on the increase this year.

There are other tracks that have history but have been reconfigure so much that I don't know if they are relevant to open wheel anymore; Phoenix and Homestead.

Ha, all four are ovals. And I'm a CArt race looser hahahahahaha or something like that. :p

opinionated ow
09-29-22, 01:55 AM
Michigan and Milwaukee - but both were attendance disasters, not sure how that gets fixed. It doesn't appear that IndyCar attendance was on the increase this year.

There are other tracks that have history but have been reconfigure so much that I don't know if they are relevant to open wheel anymore; Phoenix and Homestead.

Ha, all four are ovals. And I'm a CArt race looser hahahahahaha or something like that. :p

Milwaukee Mile is getting rebirthed good and proper by Bob Sargeant and Track Enterprises. If they can work with him, it might be possible. It's just not right that IndyCar isn't at the Mile the week after the 500.

I concur on Michigan but I think that Homestead would still be doable-the corners are fairly high banked but they have a really large radius so the g-forces shouldn't be too insane.

I'd prefer Road Atlanta to Watkins Glen and I'd push for Pocono to come back so that there's a proper triple crown

Gopeddle
09-29-22, 04:27 PM
Milwaukee Mile is getting rebirthed good and proper by Bob Sargeant and Track Enterprises. If they can work with him, it might be possible. It's just not right that IndyCar isn't at the Mile the week after the 500.

I concur on Michigan but I think that Homestead would still be doable-the corners are fairly high banked but they have a really large radius so the g-forces shouldn't be too insane.

I'd prefer Road Atlanta to Watkins Glen and I'd push for Pocono to come back so that there's a proper triple crown

I'd like to see the Glen AND Road Atlanta and loose the ovals. I'm not an oval fan, I know it's controversial, but I really don't care that much about Indy.

pfc_m_drake
10-06-22, 07:26 PM
I mean...let's get real:
Homestead, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Michigan, Fontana (oval+road), Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Utah Motorsports Campus, GingerMan Raceway...I could go on and on.

The problem doesn't seem to be a lack of tracks.

Which makes you ask...what *IS* the problem?
I'll leave that as a rhetorical question for now...

nrc
10-09-22, 02:08 AM
I'm guessing the problem is that they want someone who will pay them rather than vice versa.

Lux Interior
10-14-22, 08:44 PM
I have really, really tried to watch Indycar. Gone to several races too. It's just not that appealing. The cars are not interesting and the series is not compelling. It's a shame, because CART was just terrific in its heyday.

RTKar
10-19-22, 11:24 AM
I have really, really tried to watch Indycar. Gone to several races too. It's just not that appealing. The cars are not interesting and the series is not compelling. It's a shame, because CART was just terrific in its heyday.

Agreed, it's pretty "Blah". The cars are uninteresting and underpowered, with a lack of diversity in chassis & engines
it'll remain pretty "Blah".

SteveH
11-17-22, 05:05 PM
The Detroit track could be interesting

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1592978411693412353?s=20&t=efricAt00RLtARy_cWY1DQ

Or not. WTF?