PDA

View Full Version : So who will drive for Alpine next year

cameraman
08-02-22, 02:18 PM
Alpine said Oscar Piastri would be driving for them in 2023 in a press release today, Piastri says, no actually he won't:confused:

I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023. I will not be driving for Alpine next year.

How very IndyCar of them:laugh:

Pilgrims Drop
08-02-22, 02:22 PM
and McLaren is reportedly involved here as well... is Zak Brown the Littlefinger of motorsport?

WickerBill
08-02-22, 06:14 PM
PIA to McLaren, McLaren buys out RIC, RIC to Alpine - that's the cleanest move, but would require Alpine to believe that RIC just has a terrible engineer at McLaren, and still remembers being Max's equal, cleanly beating HUL in his first season with Renault, and curb stomping OCO in his second.

opinionated ow
08-03-22, 04:11 AM
PIA to McLaren, McLaren buys out RIC, RIC to Alpine - that's the cleanest move, but would require Alpine to believe that RIC just has a terrible engineer at McLaren, and still remembers being Max's equal, cleanly beating HUL in his first season with Renault, and curb stomping OCO in his second.

Pretty sure Zak said that without a doubt RIC would be driving for him next year. I don't think he said what series. Maybe he fills the IndyCar seat that Palou might not get after all?

WickerBill
08-03-22, 09:00 AM
ZB is kind of showing himself to be a complete weasel, though.

datachicane
08-03-22, 10:21 AM
Pretty funny that Zak's got his hand in this one, too, although to be fair from McLaren's last statements it leaves room for the possibility that Palou may not have been completely forthcoming about (or didn't understand) his previous contractual obligations. No surprise that they're poaching Piastre.

As big a Ricciardo fan as I am, odds are good that his next few years look more like VET than ALO. I think there's a better chance he ends up with Latifi's seat, possibly Haas if MSC gets a better offer, than a non-F1 McLaren ride. I do hope he catches his fire again, but the odds are not favorable.

cameraman
08-03-22, 01:15 PM
I understand that, with my agreement, Williams Racing have put out a press release this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is right and I have signed a contract with Williams for 2023. I will be driving for Williams next year.

:rofl:

https://twitter.com/alex_albon/status/1554829547006111749

pfc_m_drake
08-03-22, 07:13 PM
Hilarious.

Gopeddle
08-05-22, 08:30 AM
ZB is kind of showing himself to be a complete weasel, though.

I worked for Zak for what seems like a lifetime, but was actually just over a year. He's definitely a weasel and a whole lot more, you wouldn't believe some of the crap he's done.