PDA

View Full Version : Alex Palou, CGR, McLaren, and Lawyers, oh my

rabbit
08-02-22, 09:32 AM
I don't recall anything like this whole poop show ever happening before in the sport. And with all the filings and counter-filings, it doesn't sound like it's going to come to an amicable resolution.

TravelGal
08-02-22, 11:30 AM
I don't recall anything like this whole poop show ever happening before in the sport. And with all the filings and counter-filings, it doesn't sound like it's going to come to an amicable resolution.

Messy and avoidable. Anyone have an inside scoop or their own opinion as to why Palou went off the rails on this one? I'll start by saying I did read someone saying it creates interest in the sport so it's not all bad.

pfc_m_drake
08-02-22, 09:02 PM
No inside info, but I agree with your assessment: It's a messy situation that was completely avoidable. I think Palou got some bad advice somewhere along the way. It's an unfortunate situation that could have been avoided (IMO). We'll see how it plays out.

Separately - I'm *stunned* that Palou is still running for CGR. Legitimately stunned. If my employer was suing me, that *LAST* think I'd be doing would be working for them.

YMMV

opinionated ow
08-03-22, 04:09 AM
No inside info, but I agree with your assessment: It's a messy situation that was completely avoidable. I think Palou got some bad advice somewhere along the way. It's an unfortunate situation that could have been avoided (IMO). We'll see how it plays out.

Separately - I'm *stunned* that Palou is still running for CGR. Legitimately stunned. If my employer was suing me, that *LAST* think I'd be doing would be working for them.

YMMV

Chip wants to win and Palou wins. Rumour has it that Palou gets paid bugger all.

As for the contract fiasco, I think his managers are either clueless or they're confident they've found a loophole they can exploit in the CGR contract.

JohnHKart
08-11-22, 05:33 PM
The number apparently is $200,000 AP is being paid . Ok well, you agreed to that and your idiot managers didn't seem to get Cheap to agree on any incentives or extra clauses if XYZ happened. Not a good situation.

TravelGal
08-14-22, 03:07 PM
your idiot managers

Seems to be the Operative Phrase, unless, as oow says they think they have a found a loophole then return to Operative Phrase and we'll see. Where's the popcorn emoji? How about just :gomer: