PDA

View Full Version : Honda to supply Red Bull to 2025

SteveH
08-02-22, 07:06 AM
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-set-to-extend-direct-red-bull-supply-to-2025/7677146/

Once the engine specs change, then they are out.

Maybe?

pfc_m_drake
08-02-22, 09:05 PM
I guess the two key points are:

1) HRC continues to supply Red Bull through 2025 (e.g. HRC did *NOT* transfer their IP to Red Bull Powertrains as expected...I believe this to be the main takeway)

2) This lends credibility to the (leaked) theory that Porsche is going to acquire 50% of Red Bull following the new engine regs of 2026.

As always - we'll see.

datachicane
08-03-22, 10:28 AM
Honda, consistently minimizing their bang for the buck. Red Bull already has Aston Martin title sponsorship for the first two seasons they're supplied by Honda, then a single season of Red Bull Honda badging, and then it's back to RBP and Oracle title sponsorship. That's quite a stealth campaign! I'm surprised they haven't specified that their branding all be done on the underside of the floor.

TravelGal
08-04-22, 12:28 PM
Honda, consistently minimizing their bang for the buck. Red Bull already has Aston Martin title sponsorship for the first two seasons they're supplied by Honda, then a single season of Red Bull Honda badging, and then it's back to RBP and Oracle title sponsorship. That's quite a stealth campaign! I'm surprised they haven't specified that their branding all be done on the underside of the floor.

LOL. So true. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

pfc_m_drake
08-04-22, 08:08 PM
Yeah. Basically Honda F1 is a classic case of doing the least with the most. :shakehead:

nissan gtp
08-05-22, 08:38 AM
On the other hand, the Honda is the best, or equal best, engine this year. Going into a few years of "no changes", that's useful. Ferrari clearly (?) intends to play the "upgrade for reliability not performance" card. We'll see how that works out.

pfc_m_drake
08-05-22, 12:08 PM
On the other hand, the Honda is the best, or equal best, engine this year. Going into a few years of "no changes", that's useful. Ferrari clearly (?) intends to play the "upgrade for reliability not performance" card. We'll see how that works out.Agreed, but once again it's a case of bailing after you've done all the hard work (and before you have a chance to reap the true rewards). They left Red Bull to save what's probably only a little bit of money considering that HR never transferred IP to Red Bull Powertrains as was planned. For a few dollars more they'd likely be enjoying Driver's ad Constructor's Championships this year.