PDA

View Full Version : Toronto

TravelGal
07-16-22, 11:18 PM
So I've just realized that NBC has given us the bird and the race is only on Peacock. I happen to subscribe to it but WTF?

opinionated ow
07-17-22, 03:19 AM
So I've just realized that NBC has given us the bird and the race is only on Peacock. I happen to subscribe to it but WTF?

It was always the plan. As far as I can tell that was the trade-off for the vast bulk of the season being on free to air NBC

TedN
07-17-22, 07:40 AM
Luckily here in Canada the race is on Sportsnet (SN360). I would guess a lot of people have it as part of their cable package.

TravelGal
07-17-22, 11:29 AM
It was always the plan. As far as I can tell that was the trade-off for the vast bulk of the season being on free to air NBC

Thanks, OOW. I didn't know that. I seem to be on a one-race-at-a-time plan this year. If my DVR didn't automatically record them, I wouldn't know they were on. That and Scott Dixon's media team on Facebook with every result instantly. :laugh:

swift
07-17-22, 01:28 PM
Greetings from turn 10. Back when they were putting together the TV package, it wasn't certain if summer events in Toronto were happening (because omicron); too risky to grab a chunk of network TV time, less risky to put it on the streaming platform.