PDA

View Full Version : Andretti

TravelGal
07-06-22, 12:12 PM
Great article from Jenna Fryer. https://apnews.com/article/sports-ohio-indycar-united-states-auto-racing-74e185287691918c4886b6266d4f6c03

SteveH
07-06-22, 12:40 PM
As Robin Miller often said "hate is good"

pfc_m_drake
07-06-22, 08:35 PM
My only 'issue' is the following:

I've heard recently (e.g. this week) that Honda deeply regrets their decision to get out of F1.

So much so that they've not only retained the IP to their current engines, but won't distribute it to Red Bull Powertrains (who intent to enter as a works Porsche entry in 2025...or whenever the new engine regs take effect).

The alternatives for Honda would be to enter their own works team in 2026 (or whenever the new regs take effect)
OR
Be the engine provider for a rumored new Andretti F1 effort.

The thinking being that a works effort is the only way to go for 2026
ALTERNATIVELY
The Andretti name alone is apparently worth at least 250 trillion Euros...so Honda would be out-their-mind-stupid not to back such an effort.

Either way, should be fun.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

opinionated ow
07-07-22, 07:36 AM

I've heard recently (e.g. this week) that Honda deeply regrets their decision to get out of F1.

So much so that they've not only retained the IP to their current engines, but won't distribute it to Red Bull Powertrains (who intent to enter as a works Porsche entry in 2025...or whenever the new engine regs take effect).

The alternatives for Honda would be to enter their own works team in 2026 (or whenever the new regs take effect)
OR
Be the engine provider for a rumored new Andretti F1 effort.

The thinking being that a works effort is the only way to go for 2026
ALTERNATIVELY
The Andretti name alone is apparently worth at least 250 trillion Euros...so Honda would be out-their-mind-stupid not to back such an effort.

Either way, should be fun.

Michael is already supposed to have a contract with Renault (Alpine)

TravelGal
07-07-22, 11:44 AM

That doesn't surprise me in the least that they regret getting out. What where they thinking? WERE they thinking? Short term: money, I suppose. Long term: loss of visibility in most of the world.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I always love your analyses. :thumbup:

SteveH
07-07-22, 06:45 PM
Can Mario Andretti Conquer F1… Again?
https://www.gq.com/story/mario-andretti-formula-1

Excellent