PDA

View Full Version : Paper - Pat Ringley

RTKar
06-15-22, 04:23 PM
Story from elsewhere is, he has passed away A long time forum person, CART fan, maker of paper cars.

TravelGal
06-16-22, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I had just seen a post of his not too long ago, probably on Anaya's or Pressdog's Facebook page. Definitely one of the "old gang" from 7thgear. RIP Pat.

Kiwifan
06-17-22, 04:53 AM
Ah bugger. We used to get on pretty well in the old days but sort of drifted apart when the split happened. RIP mate.

nrc
06-17-22, 11:39 PM
RIP

He had a passion for the sport and a passion for his hobby. Sad to see another fan gone.

stroker
06-18-22, 06:32 AM

TravelGal
06-18-22, 01:35 PM

Ah, yes. You remember him well. :(

Elmo T
06-19-22, 11:05 AM
Sad... He was one of the true fans back in the 7thG days.

Did a quick google search to see this which I guess I missed back in the day:

https://www.yourobserver.com/article/playing-paper

After 55 years of sketching, cutting, painting and gluing the seemingly weightless miniature cars, Ringley will receive recognition on an international level. Ringley will attend the 2014 Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame 20th Anniversary induction ceremonies Sept. 27, in Toronto, as an awards presenter. Ringley will be interviewed on stage with blown-up images of his paper race cars hanging behind him.

nrc
06-21-22, 02:55 AM
I remember that he had an account here once upon a time, so I checked to see about adding "HOF" status. Looks like his account was deleted long ago. I'm not sure about the circumstances. I think he became upset over the razzing he got from time to time and decided that he wanted nothing to do with the place. He seems to have felt stuff deeply so he didn't take well to people making light of it. So he asked to have his account deleted.

RIP

gjc2
06-22-22, 04:29 PM

That was Paper.

pfc_m_drake
06-22-22, 07:12 PM
I remember that he had an account here once upon a time, so I checked to see about adding "HOF" status. Looks like his account was deleted long ago. I'm not sure about the circumstances. I think he became over the razzing he got from time to time and decided that he wanted nothing to do with the place. He seems to have felt stuff deeply so he didn't take well to people making light of it. So he asked to have his account deleted.

RIPA few of us were talking about it the other day. I'm a firm believer that you don't disparage the dead - and it's always sad when a fan passes on. That said, there was certainly drama back in the day. and we'll leave it at that.

RIP

Kiwifan
06-23-22, 06:50 PM
A few of us were talking about it the other day. I'm a firm believer that you don't disparage the dead - and it's always sad when a fan passes on. That said, there was certainly drama back in the day. and we'll leave it at that.

RIP

That was a very classy way to reply. I was going to write something similar but couldn’t find the right words without seeming tacky. The past is the past eh?

I’ll remember the good chats we had in the early days and leave it at that too.

RIP mate.

G.
06-24-22, 09:52 PM
I'm a firm believer that you don't disparage the dead - and it's always sad when a fan passes on. That said, there was certainly drama back in the day. and we'll leave it at that.

RIP

There's finally a thread that is already all about him, and he cannot contribute to it.

I liked Pat. RIP Racefan.

JohnHKart
07-14-22, 01:06 AM
Just saw this and very sad to hear it. He was a genius with those paper cars. Was with him on 7th Gear too. R.I.P.