PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 - The Movie

swift
06-09-22, 10:04 PM
https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/news/2022/06/apple-original-films-lands-formula-one-racing-feature-from-joseph-kosinski-plan-b-entertainment-and-jerry-bruckheimer-films-starring-brad-pitt/

pfc_m_drake
06-10-22, 05:27 AM
F1's version of 'Driven'? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hopefully not...

Elmo T
06-10-22, 07:09 AM
Brad Pitt stars as a driver who comes out of retirement to compete alongside a rookie driver against the titans of the sport.

For all the potential stories they could run with - both real and imagined - that is the best they've got? :confused::rolleyes:

stroker
06-10-22, 07:28 AM
Holy Christ, does that sound like an imminent train wreck...

cameraman
06-11-22, 01:42 PM
Brad Pitt is 18 years older than Fernando Alonso. It's ridiculous, it would be like putting Johnny Herbert in a car today:shakehead:

TravelGal
06-11-22, 02:51 PM
F1's version of 'Driven'? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hopefully not...

For all the potential stories they could run with - both real and imagined - that is the best they've got? :confused::rolleyes:

Hamilton is producer. Do you think he can stop a trainwreck? We got Ford vs Ferrari. Maybe one decent racing film a lifetime is all we can hope for. I take that back, I was on the edge of my seat for "Senna" and I knew the outcome. Anyway, since I don't have Apple TV+ I'll await the reviews from you guys.

SteveH
06-11-22, 03:56 PM
It’s to have a limited run in the theaters when released. 30-60 days. Then straight to Apple TV+

Regarding racing films, my wife really liked Rush and Ford vs Ferrari more than I. Not that I didn’t like them, but for each I knew the story and how each would end. So I’m kind of looking forward to this because I won’t know how the plot resolves itself.

opinionated ow
06-11-22, 04:23 PM
It’s to have a limited run in the theaters when released. 30-60 days. Then straight to Apple TV+

Regarding racing films, my wife really liked Rush and Ford vs Ferrari more than I. Not that I didn’t like them, but for each I knew the story and how each would end. So I’m kind of looking forward to this because I won’t know how the plot resolves itself.

I enjoyed Senna even though it was a hagiography. I thought Rush was poor, a real caricature of Lauda that did nothing for the plot