PDA

View Full Version : Ohio OCers

TRDfan
01-11-22, 07:17 AM
Hello old friends,
My youngest recently graduated college and is moving (today) to Grove City (Columbus) to start his career. Although his girlfriend is from Ohio, he's going to be looking for some critical resources: like a shop that is good with older Toyotas and won't rip him off, off the beaten path restaurants, local treasures, etc.

I believe there is good representation from Ohio here, is anyone from the Columbus area that we could use as a resource? TIA

nrc
01-11-22, 03:57 PM
Great to hear from you. Let's practice: "O-H!"...

Missy and I are in Columbus. Sadly, I don't have any recent experience outside of dealers for auto service. That may change in time. Also our taste in food is pretty basic so we have limited experience with anything fancy. I love Chinese chicken nuggets if that helps.

I'd start with German Village. That's old Columbus. The Book Loft is a great place to get lost if you love books. It's a 32 room maze. In German Village you can try Thurman's Cafe if you want a giant burger, Schmidt's Sausage Haus for great sausage and cream puffs as big as your head, The Old Mohawk for general American fare, Katzinger's Deli if you want an very good (but expensive) sandwich, or Lindy's if you're feeling really posh.

Lots of hip places downtown and in the Short North but I'm not sure either of us are hip enough to offer much advice on those. :D

Feel free to respond here or PM for an email address that you can pass along.

TRDfan
01-12-22, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info

German Village is where they wanted to live but it didn't work out.
I'll shoot you a PM and see if my son wants to make a connection once they get semi-settled.

He also is into racing. Was big into F1, wants to learn about sports cars.