PDA

View Full Version : Brazil GP

SteveH
11-13-21, 11:52 AM
So much drama leading up to this race. So much of that to be decided yet before the sprint race.

F1 does drama better than any other sport. Possibly why the Netflix series is so popular and why fans exposed to the sport via Netflix are sticking around.

cameraman
11-13-21, 02:48 PM
Hamilton disqualified from the qualifying for technical issues with his drag reduction system. He either starts at the back or maybe the pit lane.:eek:

cameraman
11-13-21, 02:54 PM
Mercedes does not appeal the dq. Hamilton ill start last in the sprint race.

cameraman
11-13-21, 02:59 PM
It doesn't change the 5-place grid drop he has for tomorrow's race. So whatever he can make up in the sprint from last minus 5 spots. It's not going to be pretty for him this weekend.

SteveH
11-13-21, 05:22 PM
I have to admit I really like the sprint race concept. Watching HAM carve his way through the field was interesting, not really a product of the sprint racing, though. He would have done what he did in the first 24 laps of tomorrow’s race. Now he has more laps to get to the podium.

cameraman
11-13-21, 07:11 PM
They really need to change that laurel wreath non-podium strange post sprint race thing...:rolleyes:

nissan gtp
11-14-21, 03:13 PM
Outstanding race today :thumbup:

pfc_m_drake
11-14-21, 05:50 PM
It was good for sure.
Going to be an interesting final 3.

datachicane
11-14-21, 11:44 PM
...and after that drive, here's the Driver of the Day results:

:saywhat:

opinionated ow
11-15-21, 07:29 AM
Lewis is the luckiest bugger on the planet. On the weekend where he takes the 5 place penalty he gets an extra 33% of race laps to use his car advantage. That's not to take away from what he did and how he drove which was bloody impressive but he really does seem to have the rub of the green

datachicane
11-15-21, 03:54 PM
Lewis is the luckiest bugger on the planet. On the weekend where he takes the 5 place penalty he gets an extra 33% of race laps to use his car advantage. That's not to take away from what he did and how he drove which was bloody impressive but he really does seem to have the rub of the green

????

Not certain how you translate starting dead last in the Sprint and 10th on the race grid as somehow being a lucky break.

opinionated ow
11-15-21, 06:19 PM
????

Not certain how you translate starting dead last in the Sprint and 10th on the race grid as somehow being a lucky break.

1 extra third of the total race laps to clear the back markers so that the effective penalty in the GP was only a 9 place grid drop. Max started last in Russia with only the 300km race distance to get through from 20th. In a side by side comparison that's luck on Lewis' side. They both drove bloody well but the favour always seems to land in Lewis lap

datachicane
11-16-21, 04:27 AM
That makes no sense- there's zero points to be earned in the sprint outside the top three, so no, the extra laps don't mean a dang thing. Hamilton's weekend went exactly as it would if he'd managed 5th through traditional qualification, which would be an uncharacteristically lousy showing for him. That's a mighty odd interpretation of luck. Even if you think that somehow running extra laps is of some benefit besides earning points, it's a benefit shared with every other driver right down to Mazepin, so the entire grid would be equally lucky by that definition.

WickerBill
11-16-21, 09:34 AM
Me, after Mexico: "championship is over"
Me, after Lewis takes an engine component: "championship is definitely over"
Me, after Max only gets a fine for trying to manually flex the Mercedes wing: "championship is oh so over"
Me, after the sprint race: "it's a shame the championship is already over"
Me, after the race: "ooh!"

But it's probably still over :)

nissan gtp
11-16-21, 05:55 PM
Me, after Mexico: "championship is over"
Me, after Lewis takes an engine component: "championship is definitely over"
Me, after Max only gets a fine for trying to manually flex the Mercedes wing: "championship is oh so over"
Me, after the sprint race: "it's a shame the championship is already over"
Me, after the race: "ooh!"

But it's probably still over :)

i was thinking the same thing, but Mercedes seems to have the upper hand and momentum (plus a lot more experience winning titles). I'm tipping over toward thinking Lewis can pull this off. If he does, it will be hard on Max. For his career, he really needs to win this one.

datachicane
11-16-21, 07:34 PM
i was thinking the same thing, but Mercedes seems to have the upper hand and momentum (plus a lot more experience winning titles). I'm tipping over toward thinking Lewis can pull this off. If he does, it will be hard on Max. For his career, he really needs to win this one.

Yep. Max is more than quick, but his (relative) lack of experience will be the culprit if he doesn't pull it off this season. When you're sitting on a ginormous 32 point lead in the championship, heading into a corner and failing to recognize that you have far more to lose than a competitor whose only possible hope is to get around you is a great way to lose a championship. Racers gonna race, but Max could have settled for the odd podium mixed in for the rest of the season and still have come out comfortably on top rather than banking it all on every corner.