PDA

View Full Version : Heineken

TravelGal
09-06-21, 12:52 PM
OK, someone has to say it, I would have been disappointed if Max hadn't won. Not that I'm a Max fan, or a Hamilton either but ah, the spectacle. A fairly boring race to me but to have your king applauding for you?! :eek: Even if royalty is a figurehead, they are well beloved in Holland.

SteveH
09-06-21, 01:17 PM
A fairly boring race

I believe that track will produce nothing but boring races.

WickerBill
09-06-21, 03:51 PM
Agree. It's Monaco without the glitz (although the cars are a spectacle with the undulation and banking). Qualifying was more interesting, especially when Vettel tried to drive like he was playing Pole Position at an arcade... I did enjoy that

opinionated ow
09-06-21, 08:45 PM
Actually I don't think it was a bad race at all. Passes could be made if you were a bit bolshie: see Perez, Alonso et al.

Zandvoort is an awesome track. The camera angles were really good and showed off how fast the cars actually are.

I remarked to my brother that I can't believe the King didn't pull rank to present the winner's trophy!

SteveH
09-07-21, 11:03 AM
Jos Verstappen taken to hospital after Dutch GP (https://www.planetf1.com/news/jos-verstappen-hospitalised-dutch-gp/)

I had read elsewhere that he watched the race from his home due to intestinal problems leading up to the race, which isn't clear in this article.

datachicane
09-07-21, 06:59 PM
I dunno, it was a gorgeous race to look at, with a fair amount of action back through the field, not to mention a bunch of 2-3 car wide stuff in the first laps before things settled down.

I enjoyed it more than most. It looks like an idyllic spot for a vacation with a GP bonus.