PDA

View Full Version : Beer heir falls to his death

Wheel-Nut
07-10-03, 11:53 AM
LINK (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/71003_state_hoteldeath.html)

Turn7
07-10-03, 11:56 AM
Dang....All the beer and money that you could ever imagine and still all screwed up.

chop456
07-10-03, 12:04 PM
Rule #1 - Don't get high on your own supply.

Cam
07-10-03, 12:08 PM
Darwin Award candidate! :shakehead

devilmaster
07-10-03, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Darwin Award candidate! :shakehead

I don't know if that would really be considered for darwin.... Now if he had jumped into one of the company's fermentors for a PR shoot and drowned.... hell, just give him the award now....

Steve

Cam
07-10-03, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
I don't know if that would really be considered for darwin.... Now if he had jumped into one of the company's fermentors for a PR shoot and drowned.... hell, just give him the award now....

Steve

A member of the Stroh beer family plummeted to his death early Wednesday when a rope of sheets he had fashioned to climb down from a 10th-story hotel balcony failed to hold

Oh I dunno... I think that says it all.... Why climb down when there is a perfectly good elevator? :saywhat:

The Darwin Awards honor those who improve our gene pool... by removing themselves from it.

FTG
07-10-03, 01:19 PM
No one hates to dampen a good time more than me, but it sounds to me like he was probably mentally ill, as well as drunk.

(I've been drunk lots. I never once thought someone was trying to kill me. OK. Maybe this British guy I was arguing with, but he meant it figuratively. No need to escape from him.)

If the dead guy was mentally ill, than his death isn't really funny.

devilmaster
07-10-03, 01:19 PM
perhaps I misspoke.....

pretty much anything can be considered for darwin....

But the darwin award winners and candidates are usually for people who think they got a great idea... and kill themselves in the process.

This story sounds more like a guy who was probably high on something with being drunk.... Not completely in control of his faculties... and the story says he complained to the hotel about people getting him... so we add some paranoia to the mix of booze and possible drugs....

imo, tragic, yes.... darwin, no.

Steve