PDA

View Full Version : SRX

TravelGal
07-20-21, 01:06 PM
I know there's a mention somewhere but the search function doesn't find it so I'm starting a new thread.

Anyone watch this? I caught two of the races. So silly it was fun. I think that was the whole idea. It probably secured Hinch's future as a broadcaster because the audiences were so large. Big article in today's paper about how it was wildly successful beyond anyone's dreams. That, of course, means now they are considering the business side more than the entertainment side. This was probably the best year. I'm glad I saw some when I did.

opinionated ow
07-20-21, 09:25 PM
I know there's a mention somewhere but the search function doesn't find it so I'm starting a new thread.

Anyone watch this? I caught two of the races. So silly it was fun. I think that was the whole idea. It probably secured Hinch's future as a broadcaster because the audiences were so large. Big article in today's paper about how it was wildly successful beyond anyone's dreams. That, of course, means now they are considering the business side more than the entertainment side. This was probably the best year. I'm glad I saw some when I did.

It was great fun. Entertainment masquerading as sport which is fine for something not serious (as opposed to sport which is entertaining which is what a major championship should be). All the races are available on youtube. Dario was a heap better than Hinch however. His insights were much more relevant.

TravelGal
07-21-21, 07:58 PM
It was great fun. Entertainment masquerading as sport which is fine for something not serious (as opposed to sport which is entertaining which is what a major championship should be). All the races are available on youtube. Dario was a heap better than Hinch however. His insights were much more relevant.

Dario? I missed him completely. I did hear him on the one season of Formula E that I watched and he was excellent there. Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear come to mind. :laugh: