PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Ring

pfc_m_drake
06-27-21, 10:40 AM
I won't spoil anything in case people have DVR'd races to watch, but quite a dominating performance today.
Interesting strategy call to pit Perez with 14 to go. No question Red Bull has Mercedes covered on the strategy side.

Also quite the hammer that the Stewards brought down on Bottas. 3-place grid penalty and 2-penalty points on his license for a lazy spin in the pits. Safety is paramount, so I appreciate the harshness o the penalty. Further, I look forward to the Stewards *consistently* enforcing the same level of harshness on the other drivers as the year goes on. An important precedent was set here, and I know the Stewards take pride in their neutrality, so I'm confident they will follow through appropriately for the remainder of the season.

SteveH
06-27-21, 11:59 AM
I was happy to see Bottas recover with a good result today but this has to be a very frustrating year for him.

cameraman
06-27-21, 12:02 PM
Not as frustrating as George Russell's race. He has just the worst luck.

devilmaster
06-27-21, 02:23 PM
I'm in camp for the two Austria races... :irked:

Threw it on my phone while I got ready for work.

My initial thought was every team did the same setup. Low to no downforce, and buttoned up the intakes so much that everyone couldn't keep close to the guy in front of them or else temps shot up. It made for a simple, if 'you have a faster car you will be ahead' type of race. The only real movement in the standings was leclerc moving up the grid as he was in the back after lap 1.

The fact that verstappen was so far ahead and the top 2 teams were the only cars on the lead lap still show how far ahead they are to everyone else.

And what is up with the 2nd McLaren?

SteveH
06-27-21, 05:54 PM
And what is up with the 2nd McLaren?

Very good question, they have obviously increased their pace. Possibly if the team referred to him by his correct name that would help.

devilmaster
07-05-21, 10:44 PM
So round 2, pretty much the same. cooler temps so overheating wasn't as big an issue.

Lots of penalties, which actually may rear its head later on in the season because some drivers could get 1 race bans...

pfc_m_drake
07-07-21, 10:48 AM
So round 2, pretty much the same. cooler temps so overheating wasn't as big an issue.

Lots of penalties, which actually may rear its head later on in the season because some drivers could get 1 race bans...
Yeah, the Stewards must have read my post about Bottas' penalty last week being harsh. At least they're being consistent I suppose, but I'm not sure consistently hash is good in the long run.

TravelGal
07-08-21, 01:53 PM
Yeah, the Stewards must have read my post about Bottas' penalty last week being harsh. At least they're being consistent I suppose, but I'm not sure consistently hash is good in the long run.

:thumbup: