PDA

View Full Version : St Pete

TravelGal
04-26-21, 01:57 PM
I've always said I went to the last real St. Pete race. It was the last Champ Car race. So many great memories.

Forcing myself not to digress, I'm here to admit I found this year's St. Pete interesting. I didn't fall asleep once. I'm guess it's Bryan's influence but somehow Colton had has a massive injection of maturity. His comments are spot on. My favorite remark of the race was Bryan's however when he said, "When Colton started people used to ask me all the time whether he was better than I was. They don't ask any more." :D

opinionated ow
04-27-21, 05:48 AM
I've always said I went to the last real St. Pete race. It was the last Champ Car race. So many great memories.

Forcing myself not to digress, I'm here to admit I found this year's St. Pete interesting. I didn't fall asleep once. I'm guess it's Bryan's influence but somehow Colton had has a massive injection of maturity. His comments are spot on. My favorite remark of the race was Bryan's however when he said, "When Colton started people used to ask me all the time whether he was better than I was. They don't ask any more." :D

I also enjoyed the comment that neither of them was nervous. Great line mid race from Bryan. The racing has been really good since they got rid of the Kardashians. Hopefully Texas is better than last year. The slight changes they made to the underbody seem to have the driver's approval. And the good news is IndyCar this week said publicly they need more ovals. Not just that it would be nice.

RTKar
04-27-21, 08:44 AM
I'm wondering if he'll garner any F1 interest in the near future?

Gopeddle
04-27-21, 10:28 AM
As long as we have people like Guenther Steiner saying that there is no American qualified to race in F1 as he did last year, it will be a long time before we see another Yank in F1. To think that he, and others, don't consider Rossi, Newgarden, Herta and some others "qualified" is absolutely ridiculous. I see Mario is making the case that if Mazepin is qualified to get a super license that Colton should certainly get one. There has long been a bias against Americans in F1 and I don't see that changing, but maybe with Liberty Media now in place of Bernie things will change, but I'm doubtful.

TedN
04-27-21, 12:30 PM
The second U.S.-based F1 race in Miami, starting next year may help propel this process.

RTKar
04-27-21, 04:11 PM
The second U.S.-based F1 race in Miami, starting next year may help propel this process.

That's what I was thinking, Steiner can go stick it!

Hard Driver
04-28-21, 12:52 AM
I think several Americans in Indycar would do well in F1. I mean Ericsson and other F1 drivers moving over are their equals, but not better.

Enjoyed the race. Happy for Colton and Bryan. Very competitive driver lineup this year. What Mario said was true, the kid wins on pure speed, not strategy races and fuel saves.

pfc_m_drake
04-28-21, 06:21 PM
St. Pete was ok - thought there have been better races in the past, but it's a nice track and a nice race, so I'll take it.