PDA

View Full Version : Barber Thoughts

Hard Driver
04-17-21, 10:52 PM
Qualifying was exciting. Pato O'Ward was flying on his pole lap. Ericsson and Grosjean are next to each other in 6th and 7th. Hopefully they don't crash into each other. Great start for Grosjean in his first race since climbing out of the fire in Bahrain.

pfc_m_drake
04-18-21, 07:24 AM
Didn't catch qualifying, but the race should be interesting.

Wondering if we're doing chat today??? (DM,TG?)

You all should join us if we do - it's a good time!

devilmaster
04-19-21, 12:20 AM
sorry, I'm out in work at the moment.

Don't know when i'm home again. probably 2 weeks, and it might only be for a week home.

cameraman
04-19-21, 12:41 AM
That pass by Bourdais........................

Hard Driver
04-19-21, 01:13 PM
That pass by Bourdais........................

"Pass" with avoidable contact. Realistically, Barber seems really hard to pass, and after getting by, Bourdais pulled away. Congratulations to Alex Palou, the two stopper was definitely the right strategy.

pfc_m_drake
04-19-21, 10:02 PM
sorry, I'm out in work at the moment.

Don't know when i'm home again. probably 2 weeks, and it might only be for a week home.No worries! Hope you're doing well!

TravelGal
04-20-21, 07:14 PM
Didn't catch qualifying, but the race should be interesting.

Wondering if we're doing chat today??? (DM,TG?)

You all should join us if we do - it's a good time!

I was out in the garden with Sprinkler Guy #3. That's his nickname and it makes us both laugh. (I fired two previous dudes.) Finally got things straightened up out there so plants may survive the SoCal summer.

Anyway, am I right that the qualifying is only seen by purchasing Peacock Premium? I didn't see it anywhere on Synergy (Time Warner). I watched the race later in the evening. I thought it was okay. Did my usual sleep through laps 15 to 45 though. The announcers really got on my nerves. Mention the other guy's name 3 times every time? Paul/Townsend? Jimmie J, Jimmy J, Jimmy J. Hysteria about the championship. Crikey. It's the first race. Let me enjoy it. I'm not usually a Colin Herta fan but I loved it when he said it's a long season to the "OMG OMG the championship is at risk" questions. Right after that, I watched the F1 race. What a difference. I mean, the crashes were the same caliber :laugh::laugh: but the announcers actually talked about the race and not who used to drive what and what their championship chances. /end of grumble

pfc_m_drake
04-20-21, 08:25 PM
I was out in the garden with Sprinkler Guy #3. That's his nickname and it makes us both laugh. (I fired two previous dudes.) Finally got things straightened up out there so plants may survive the SoCal summer.

Anyway, am I right that the qualifying is only seen by purchasing Peacock Premium? I didn't see it anywhere on Synergy (Time Warner). I watched the race later in the evening. I thought it was okay. Did my usual sleep through laps 15 to 45 though. The announcers really got on my nerves. Mention the other guy's name 3 times every time? Paul/Townsend? Jimmie J, Jimmy J, Jimmy J. Hysteria about the championship. Crikey. It's the first race. Let me enjoy it. I'm not usually a Colin Herta fan but I loved it when he said it's a long season to the "OMG OMG the championship is at risk" questions. Right after that, I watched the F1 race. What a difference. I mean, the crashes were the same caliber :laugh::laugh: but the announcers actually talked about the race and not who used to drive what and what their championship chances. /end of grumble
I *think* qualifying live is only on Peacock Premium (it's on NBCSN as well, but Barber was Same-Day-Delay (SDD)). Other races may be similar. Fortunately (?) I get a subscription to Peacock Premium since I'm a Comcast Customer....

And yeah - when the first lap crash happened and Newgarden dumped it and the next thing I heard was, "Huge Championship implications!" I was thinking to myself...isn't this the first race?

With that out of the way, what I'm hearing you say is that you're looking forward to hearing about Jimmy Johnson at St. Pete this weekend?

opinionated ow
04-21-21, 07:11 AM
I *think* qualifying live is only on Peacock Premium (it's on NBCSN as well, but Barber was Same-Day-Delay (SDD)). Other races may be similar. Fortunately (?) I get a subscription to Peacock Premium since I'm a Comcast Customer....

And yeah - when the first lap crash happened and Newgarden dumped it and the next thing I heard was, "Huge Championship implications!" I was thinking to myself...isn't this the first race?

With that out of the way, what I'm hearing you say is that you're looking forward to hearing about Jimmy Johnson at St. Pete this weekend?

Hopefully the Jimmie hysteria dies down. I mean he is going to be a good ambassador for the sport but he's not going to win anytime soon. I think part of it though is that Carvana seems to have come onboard with the TV coverage a fair bit. I actually think the three "rookies" probably got the most mentions of anybody. There is obviously a lot of interest in Grosjean, Johnson and McLaughlin but there was 21 other quality drivers out there.

The race itself was ok, typical new surface though with plenty of grip leading to less opportunities to overtake. Such is life. St Pete should be fun.

opinionated ow
04-21-21, 07:14 AM
I always think of this when I hear Grosjean's name

ccMh8w-qsnI