PDA

View Full Version : Drive & listen

SteveH
02-16-21, 11:40 AM
As the title suggests, drive through various cities while listening to a local radio station (https://driveandlisten.herokuapp.com/)

TravelGal
02-16-21, 02:33 PM
Cool beans! I've found the same type of thing at www.radio.garden That has no video but you get to move the map yourself to almost an infinite number of stations.

Of course I checked Los Angeles. I've driven down that road. Might be Mulholland or Laurel Canyon. (???). Next I checked Melbourne, Australia and was treated to an evangelist so tried to change the channel. That pretty much froze the audio but I was tickled to see streets I've walked down. I wonder when they did the videos? Edit: I found the video answer in the lower right under video source. :)

SteveH
02-16-21, 03:32 PM
TIL
The audio is in realtime but the video is not.
Cheesy FM jingles are cheesy regardless of the country.
Groove Salad is a nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves. (NYC)

opinionated ow
02-17-21, 04:47 AM
Cool beans! I've found the same type of thing at www.radio.garden That has no video but you get to move the map yourself to almost an infinite number of stations.

Of course I checked Los Angeles. I've driven down that road. Might be Mulholland or Laurel Canyon. (???). Next I checked Melbourne, Australia and was treated to an evangelist so tried to change the channel. That pretty much froze the audio but I was tickled to see streets I've walked down. I wonder when they did the videos? Edit: I found the video answer in the lower right under video source. :)

If there was people or cars it wasn't in the last week. They locked the whole of Victoria away in their houses for 2 cases of the 'rona virus. That's nearly 6.5 million people in an area the size of Great Britain :eek:

Elmo T
02-17-21, 01:30 PM
TIL

Groove Salad is a nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves. (NYC)

Slightly OT - But they are here with some other interesting stations:

SomaFM (https://somafm.com/player/#/all-stations)

gjc2
02-20-21, 07:38 PM
Awesome, I love it.