PDA

View Full Version : BAT threatens my retirement

nrc
02-09-21, 10:41 PM
In a significant threat to my retirement plans, Bring A Trailer now provides a shipping service. Just enter your ZIP code on the auction site and find out exactly how much it would cost to deliver that 1972 DeTomaso Pantera directly to your door.

You could always search around and find quotes for vehicle shipping, but this is a smart way to remove friction from their transactions.
Even if they don't make much on the shipping I'll bet they'll see growth in their numbers on the lower end of their auctions.

But can they still call it, "Bring A Trailer" if you don't have to bring a trailer?

WickerBill
02-11-21, 01:51 PM
I could not figure out how British-American Tobacco was threatening your retirement from higher ed.

Makes a lot more sense now!

nrc
02-12-21, 11:42 AM
I'm working on my click bait subjects.

pfc_m_drake
02-12-21, 09:06 PM
I was actually thinking of this bat (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_Bat)when I read your title. Designed by Swift Engineering for your open-wheel tie in relevant to this message board :thumbup:

opinionated ow
02-13-21, 02:23 AM
I could not figure out how British-American Tobacco was threatening your retirement from higher ed.

Makes a lot more sense now!

Likewise :rofl:

nrc
02-14-21, 04:02 AM
Funny thing is that when I see BAT in a car forum I still think of this.

These days BAT (British American Trade) is a parts supplier for Formula Fords. Back in the '80s they sold speed parts for Ford Fiestas and Mercury Merkurs. For a Euro-Ford fan, waiting for their parts catalog to arrive was like waiting on the Wish Book.