PDA

View Full Version : Double booking yourself

WickerBill
02-06-21, 09:18 AM
Does anyone else routinely do this, by accident?

I'm only posting this so you can laugh at me, and also to find out if this is a brain glitch I have or if it happens to others. :)

Wednesday I agreed to dog-sit my buddy's dog this weekend. So Lucy is here with me. She's a golden lab and is super sweet.

I also booked time to get my tires replaced this weekend - today at 11:30. I did this within one hour of agreeing to watch Lucy.

Lucy isn't super familiar with my house and gets anxious if left alone. The tire place's lobby is closed due to COVID. It's like 19 degrees. She can't come with me.

So yours truly went to rover.com and GOT A DOGSITTER to come sit in my house with Lucy while I get my tires changed. I basically am outsourcing my friend's dog to a stranger. I am subcontracting - and paying for it - my dog sitting job.

Anyway I felt dumb. Lol

* I hit a pothole and ruined two tires and have to drive 100+ miles tomorrow, so delaying the tire appointment isn't an option...

rocket
02-06-21, 10:35 AM
We have a dog sitter that lives next door, but we don't have a dog.

That is funny though, might be the first case of someone outsourcing dog sitting. Maybe you can setup a business as a middleman for something like that...

Everything I have is in my Google calendar on the phone and tablet, otherwise I'd forget everything.

nrc
02-07-21, 06:47 PM
If only there were some sort of device that you could use to track this stuff. :)

WickerBill
02-08-21, 09:16 AM
If only there were some sort of device that you could use to track this stuff. :)

I didn't claim to be smart, or organized, or anything of the sort!

nrc
02-08-21, 05:33 PM
I didn't claim to be smart, or organized, or anything of the sort!

"Thank you for coming to my TED talk."