PDA

View Full Version : Romain Grosjean to Dale Coyne

Hard Driver
02-03-21, 04:11 PM
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/30826423/romain-grosjean-make-return-injury-indycar

Won't be running Indy or Texas ovals. It will be interesting to see how well he does. My guess is that he will enjoy the racing and the ability to run a competitive car, with even the possibility of winning a race.

opinionated ow
02-04-21, 06:39 AM
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/30826423/romain-grosjean-make-return-injury-indycar

Won't be running Indy or Texas ovals. It will be interesting to see how well he does. My guess is that he will enjoy the racing and the ability to run a competitive car, with even the possibility of winning a race.

I think you're probably right. He cops a lot of flack but his career results before F1 (and even pre-Haas) were actually really good. Also really loves racing, like his former teammate Magnussen. I think we will see Kevin in an Indycar at some point too

SteveH
02-04-21, 09:00 PM
I’ve never been that much of a fan but I’m so glad to see he’s racing again. There were a few moments when I never considered that to be possible. So in that sense I’m a huge fan.

Hard Driver
02-05-21, 03:24 PM
Biggest issue I see is that his right hand is still kind of messed up. The skin is not completely healed and he said he can't put on a driving glove right now. Indycars are known to give blisters on drivers hands and Romain is going to have little testing, already missed tests this year, and with a hand still healing and probably quite painful.

RTKar
02-06-21, 11:17 AM
I can understand not doing Texas but I'd like to see him run Indy.

Ed_Severson
02-06-21, 11:49 PM
Biggest issue I see is that his right hand is still kind of messed up. The skin is not completely healed and he said he can't put on a driving glove right now. Indycars are known to give blisters on drivers hands and Romain is going to have little testing, already missed tests this year, and with a hand still healing and probably quite painful.

He hasn't missed any tests; he'll have the same amount of available test dates as any other rookie.