PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Sergio Pérez

pfc_m_drake
12-19-20, 09:56 AM
For those of you not following the news, Red Bull has decided (https://racer.com/2020/12/18/red-bull-chooses-perez-over-albon-for-2021/) to go with Sergio Pérez over Alex Albon for 2021.

I'm very happy for Pérez. He had a great year at Racing Point - which wold have been even better had he not had engine failures in 2 of the last 3 races. he earned the Red Bull seat, just as Valtteri Bottas earned the Mercedes seat after his performance at Williams.

It would have been a shame if Pérez didn't have a solid ride next year. Related, I'm wondering how much second guessing Renault i doing after kicking Nico Hülkenberg to the curb. Everyone keeps telling me that Esteban Ocon i the reincarnation of Ayrton Senna, bt I just don't see it. He'll get to prove m wrong next year because I don't think AAlonso is going to set the world on fire with his return, bt that's a topic for another thread.

Anyway, congrats to Pérez for job well done.

devilmaster
12-19-20, 02:17 PM
Everyone keeps telling me that Esteban Ocon i the reincarnation of Ayrton Senna, bt I just don't see it.

Watch what you say, I said that at the Roval race in bahrain and he got a podium. :gomer: :rofl:

WickerBill
12-20-20, 03:29 PM
Perez also missed two races. He really had an outstanding year.

I also think it's entirely possible that he's constantly 20-30 seconds behind Max, and the team will have to do some soul-searching about how the car is built and team is run.

datachicane
12-20-20, 07:25 PM
It's very nice to see Perez get a ride, but RB has needlessly taken yet another promising drivers' career behind the shed and shot it. I predict Perez will bring results in the same basic ballpark as Albon (and Gasly before him), and will get the same treatment afterwards. That's no way to develop talent.

WickerBill
12-20-20, 08:27 PM
If that happens, it only elevates Ricciardo further in my mind.

pfc_m_drake
12-20-20, 10:11 PM
Watch what you say, I said that at the Roval race in bahrain and he got a podium. :gomer: :rofl:
I know, but even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

datachicane
12-20-20, 10:48 PM
If that happens, it only elevates Ricciardo further in my mind.

I agree. He gets my vote for most seriously underrated driver.

racermike
12-22-20, 04:50 AM
Am so happy to see him get hooked up with Red Bull. He has been one of the hardest workers in the sport, and is very very good at helping to find good setups.