PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Johnson makes it official

devilmaster
09-09-20, 11:27 AM
Indycar - probably only road courses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRxBooGsoY

pfc_m_drake
09-09-20, 04:17 PM
I read a press release that used the phrase 'partnership with CGR' a lot. Made i sound like it was more than a driving gig.
Time will tell i gues.

Hard Driver
09-09-20, 08:56 PM
I read a press release that used the phrase 'partnership with CGR' a lot. Made i sound like it was more than a driving gig.
Time will tell i gues.

I heard he funded the test out of his own pocket. So he could be putting a team package together with Chip that he is backing financially and then getting the sponsorship money.

He certainly should be able to attract sponsors. On the youtube video there are a ton of NASCAR fans saying they will watch more IndyCar. Certainly will be one of the big stories of the year with a lot of eyeballs.

devilmaster
09-09-20, 09:20 PM
I heard he funded the test out of his own pocket. So he could be putting a team package together with Chip that he is backing financially and then getting the sponsorship money.

He certainly should be able to attract sponsors. On the youtube video there are a ton of NASCAR fans saying they will watch more IndyCar. Certainly will be one of the big stories of the year with a lot of eyeballs.

He did mention in a video today that they need to find sponsors...

opinionated ow
09-11-20, 01:11 AM
Time will tell i gues.

I wonder if it's a fourth CGR car entered as Jimmie Johnson Racing with Chip Ganassi or something along those lines as I was under the impression that both Rosenqvist and Ericsson had multi-year contracts

pfc_m_drake
09-11-20, 06:22 AM
I wonder if it's a fourth CGR car entered as Jimmie Johnson Racing with Chip Ganassi or something along those lines as I was under the impression that both Rosenqvist and Ericsson had multi-year contractsCould be. I wen back and re-read the press release. The title was:

7-Time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson Enters Partnership with Chip Ganassi Racing

And the first line read:

Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) today announced a partnership with 7-Time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Jimmie Johnson that will see .83-time NCS winner officially explore the possibility of racing a full road and street course calendar in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES for the 2021 and 2022 racing seasons.

It went on to discuss the need to find sponsors how excited everybody was, yada yada yada.

So the interesting bits as I see it are:
1) The word 'partnership'
2) The words 'explore the possibility'
3) The fact that sponsorship is neded