PDA

View Full Version : Get out the popcorn and enjoy the mayhem... Nascar at the daytona 24 hour course

devilmaster
08-16-20, 03:00 PM
They added one extra speed chicane at the end of 4....

This should be interesting.....

nrc
08-16-20, 05:33 PM
Recorded and watched some of the beginning of it. Looked like everyone was on good behavior through the opening lap. Not sure if it was some kind of a "gentlemen's agreement" or just the recognition that the format would make any kind of early advantage useless.

devilmaster
08-16-20, 06:15 PM
Recorded and watched some of the beginning of it. Looked like everyone was on good behavior through the opening lap. Not sure if it was some kind of a "gentlemen's agreement" or just the recognition that the format would make any kind of early advantage useless.

I think so. After seeing what the xfinity/busch/national series did, which was a crashfest, and without practice or quals for this race, i'm sure they all agreed to take it easy.

Rus'L
08-17-20, 05:01 PM

I read today that indeed there was a gentlemen's agreement. Before the race, the front starters got together and discussed the start, agreeing where and when to brake for turn 1 in order to avoid the mayhem in the other series.