PDA

View Full Version : Chat Call Indycar Iowa double - Fri night/Sat night 8:30 pm EDT

devilmaster
07-17-20, 12:44 AM
So lets do the corn cob double. (which sounds more dirty than it actually is)

We'll watch the race and chat live with jitsi. (for those that missed it, jitsi is the open source version of zoom.)

If you join the chat with a desktop or laptop there is no software to download, its all done in your browser. Anything mobile like your phone or tablet, you will have to download the jitsi meet app, avail for free on both apple and android.

There are more detailed instructions here: https://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?19263-F1-Austrian-GP-x2-chat-call-for-qualifying-and-race-9-am-edt-Sat-11th-and-Sun-12th

The chat room is https://meet.jit.si/offcamberdotnet

Once you go to that page, your browser will ask to temporarily allow camera/microphone. Say yes, and then click join meeting. Thats it. Good strong internet is recommended, so wired connections is best, but jitsi has options to lower quality to help framerate.

We had three last week, hope to see a few more.

pfc_m_drake
07-17-20, 12:50 PM
I plan on being there! Hopefully a few others will also!

swift
07-17-20, 01:05 PM
Thanks for setting this up!:thumbup:

I'll pop in and say hi for the pre-race. I won't catch the actual race until tomorrow morning (replay on NBC Sports Gold).

RTKar
07-18-20, 10:20 AM
I miss those days, having race chats...but video now?

"Look away I'm hideous..."

devilmaster
07-18-20, 02:51 PM
I miss those days, having race chats...but video now?

"Look away I'm hideous..."

guys guys guys... if i'm willing to do it.....

well, to be honest, everyone left chat by the first pit stops.... :saywhat:

You can jump in, and when it asks for permission to use a webcam, say no. But do try to keep the microphone on, makes chatting alot easier. :gomer:

RTKar
07-18-20, 05:19 PM
guys guys guys... if i'm willing to do it.....

well, to be honest, everyone left chat by the first pit stops.... :saywhat:

You can jump in, and when it asks for permission to use a webcam, say no. But do try to keep the microphone on, makes chatting alot easier. :gomer:

I think I'm too busy multi-tasking...ie; eating cheeto's and possibly having a beer or two.

btw...hope you're doing well Steve.

devilmaster
07-18-20, 06:36 PM
I think I'm too busy multi-tasking...ie; eating cheeto's and possibly having a beer or two.

btw...hope you're doing well Steve.

You too rick, I hope you jump in even for 5 minutes... to be honest we've mostly been talking old times instead of actual current on track stuff... :rofl:

RTKar
07-18-20, 09:10 PM
I miss old times.

devilmaster
07-18-20, 09:17 PM
I miss old times.

Well drake, travelgal and I are chatting... jump in for 5... be good to say hi

RTKar
07-18-20, 09:28 PM
Well drake, travelgal and I are chatting... jump in for 5... be good to say hi

Maybe next time.:thumbup:

devilmaster
07-18-20, 09:38 PM
Maybe next time.:thumbup:

sure thing... :thumbup:

pfc_m_drake
07-19-20, 04:54 PM
We have a blast in chat.
Don't be afraid to join in if you're feeling 'on-the-fence' :)

nrc
07-21-20, 08:57 AM
Sounds like fun. I never know what time it is on Sundays but I'll try to make it in sometime.