PDA

View Full Version : Chat call Road America GP (sunday race)

devilmaster
07-12-20, 10:58 AM
12 pm EDT...

we'll use jitsi...

https://meet.jit.si/offcamberdotnet

If you use a browser on a desktop/laptop it will work automatically. Mobile/tablets require the jitsi meet app which is free on both Apple store and google play.

If you don't have a cam its ok, a mic does help though.

Hope to see a few there.

devilmaster
07-12-20, 10:59 AM
https://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?19263-F1-Austrian-GP-x2-chat-call-for-qualifying-and-race-9-am-edt-Sat-11th-and-Sun-12th

Here is more detailed info on logging into jitsi.

devilmaster
07-12-20, 01:04 PM
3 of us chatting right now.....

pfc_m_drake
07-12-20, 03:50 PM
Had a great time today. We should do it again.
And some of the rest of you guys should join us next time!

swift
07-12-20, 07:11 PM
Aw crap, just saw this thread now. I'll pop in for the next race on NBC.

The last OC chat I participated in was the DP-01 launch in '06. Magical pixies performing interpretive dance were mocked.

devilmaster
07-14-20, 12:45 PM
Indycar has a friday night/saturday night double this week... (july 17/18th) F1 has the hungarian gp on sunday morning...

I can do the two indy races, but alas I've been called back to work and I'm leaving on a jet plane sunday morning early for a gold mine in Northern Ontario.

There is no setup to the room, other than getting the name right and it will open with the first person in the room.

Jitsi has added password protection to the room, however as long as you make the room name fairly difficult in length and words, no one should stumble across it. (when i was helping my programmer friend first test out the product, we used the room name as hello. big mistake. so many random people just jumped in and out as we were chatting... lol)

TravelGal
07-15-20, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=devilmaster: I can do the two indy races, but alas I've been called back to work and I'm leaving on a jet plane sunday morning early for a gold mine in Northern Ontario. /QUOTE]

As TravelMom always used to say, "Work can be so annoying. It puts such a crimp in your social life." :laugh::laugh:

TRDfan
07-15-20, 09:03 PM
Dang, that would have been fun.

Hope there will be more.

TravelGal
07-16-20, 06:19 PM
Dang, that would have been fun.

Hope there will be more.

Looks like the IRK chats will happen with devilmaster. For F1, anybody can open the chat. Why don't you do it TRDfan? The F1 is too early for me. I'm just not that much of a fan. :gomer: