PDA

View Full Version : F1 Austrian GP x2 chat call for qualifying and race. 9 am edt Sat 11th and Sun 12th

devilmaster
07-10-20, 10:10 PM
So we used to have chat calls for races years ago. But those were on old tech like irc chat.

Now that OC is basically old enough to drive, vote and damn near drink, the technology has advanced.

So, lets use jitsi. Its an open source version of zoom that all the cool kids and corporations were using during covid.

If you're at a desktop/laptop, its quite simple - just a web address on your browser. No software to download at all. If you use mobile, then there is a small app you need to have and connecting is a bit different. But lets stick to browser for now.

the link will be https://meet.jit.si/offcamberdotnet

once you put that in your browser, you will get this:

The browser will ask you to allow whatever camera and/or microphone you have connected. If you have multiples, you must select which one from the drop down boxes. once ready, allow the browser to use them.

Once you click allow, you will be shown this screen: (apologies for the zoomed in mug)

This is the test screen. Its showing that the cam is working, and at the bottom it says the microphone is working as well. If all looks good, click 'join meeting'.

thats it, you will be joined into the chat. Now realize alot of a good connection is based on your internet connection and/or computer power. It will start out with a hd connection, but that can be changed once in chat. I can walk you through it.

Hope to see a few of you there. :)

WickerBill
07-12-20, 09:53 PM
Sorry I didn't make it. I couldn't watch the race until 1pm today.

But the race - I realize this sounds contrived, but for circuits with races back to back, shouldn't they completely change up at least the tire compounds? Maybe mandate two pit stops?

We got a great race last week, but until Lando did a Lando at the end, we were about to have Mercedes/Mercedes/Red Bull/Red Bull/Racing Point/Racing Point this week - and you have to believe that's what it would have been last week without the penalties and retirements.

SteveH
07-12-20, 11:21 PM
Sorry I didn't make it. I couldn't watch the race until 1pm today.

But the race - I realize this sounds contrived, but for circuits with races back to back, shouldn't they completely change up at least the tire compounds? Maybe mandate two pit stops?

We got a great race last week, but until Lando did a Lando at the end, we were about to have Mercedes/Mercedes/Red Bull/Red Bull/Racing Point/Racing Point this week - and you have to believe that's what it would have been last week without the penalties and retirements.

And that’s what it’s likely to be for the rest of the season. Should be fun watching which Ferrari powered team wins their class. A race within a race.

TravelGal
07-13-20, 03:56 PM
OK, dudes, if I can figure this out, anyone can. Even on a Windows 7 laptop!!!!

No excuses. Except sleep. Sleep is always an excuse in my book. I'll most likely be missing the F1 (6 AM? I don't think so) but will appear for the SpindyCar as I did yesterday. FUN! And you don't even have to type real good like you did with the IRC chats. :gomer: