PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 10:15 AM
Nice to have F1 back.

Now.to the real question: Bottas has led the entire race. Starting to hear chatter on the Mercedes radio about `critical gearbox issue`. What lap does Mercedes invoke team orders...I mean...what lap does Mercedes tell Bottas is gearbox is `so critical` that he needs to let Hamilton by? I`m going with 8 laps to go. Don`t want to make it too obvious and do it with 1-2 laps to go. :shakehead:

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 10:28 AM
Interesting. Remains o be seen if the 2 safety car periods help or hurt the `critical` gearbox issues.

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 10:36 AM
What will the stewards say about the Hamilton/Albon incident?
That one`s on Hamilton, IMO. But I`m sue it will be a racing incident.

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 10:40 AM
Time Penalty - Hamilton - Causing a collision.

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 10:48 AM
Oh my. Great Race!
Norris cuts fastest lap on the last lap to bump Hamilton from the podium.
I`m sure Lewis will be in discussion with the team about how this *WILL NOT* happen again.

Congratulations Valtteri!!!

SteveH
07-05-20, 10:51 AM
Extremely interesting race.

Haas looking like Haas. :rolleyes:

pfc_m_drake
07-05-20, 11:03 AM
Haas looking like Haas. :rolleyes:Unfortunately. Sadly I really like RoGro and KMag too.

devilmaster
07-05-20, 03:06 PM
good race, great drama. if it weren't for the new found love of safety cars, this would have been more of a snoozer. Everyone seemed to get about 3 seconds plus away from the next person the longer the green flag runs happened.

Happy to see McLaren seems to have speed on the power tracks. And it looks like Williams (well, Russell) has enough speed to give Alfa Romeo and maybe Haas some competition. I was gunning for Albon, and actually had him as a wild card early pick... gutted for him but he will get his due.

And also.... LAAAANNNNNDDDDOOOOO! :D:D:D

TravelGal
07-06-20, 04:24 PM
Since everyone loved it so much I decided to give my thoughts so you can have a good laugh and snicker into your sleeves.

Good: BOTTAS. Yes! Also, the new graphics superimposed on the halo. Great for casual fan or those, like me, that hate looking to the list on the left. Bad: Team orders. Even the talk of them. You call it racing when the guy in the booth gets to decide who wins? Ugly: I swear I thought I was watching an IRL race as the cars crashed out and out and out. Then the tire came off! Total calamity is exciting but not necessarily good racing. IMHO. Now that pass by Norris, that was another story. ESPN calls the race "an instant classic." I agree but probably not for the same reason.

I recorded it three times to see if there were any differences. The first time as it happened; next on ESPN and ESPN2. Only those two had the extra half hour with the darling boys though even the ESPNs had to cut off before Lando could appear.

devilmaster
07-06-20, 09:04 PM
If there is some interest, perhaps a chat call can be arranged for next Sunday's race (live of course)

My friends and I have been using an open source version of zoom called jitsi... no software to download if you use a browser. Mobile does have to download a program.

No time limit, and we use their servers so connection is decent.

Its video chat of course.

TravelGal
07-07-20, 03:03 PM
Time? I'd don't mind video. Ya'll know I'm older than dirt.

devilmaster
07-08-20, 02:14 PM
Time? I'd don't mind video. Ya'll know I'm older than dirt.

Sorry, I've been travelling home from work the past 2 days.

It'll be with the live race. I'm in mountain daylight, so I assume the race is at 9 am eastern.... just like last week.

TravelGal
07-09-20, 02:42 PM
Sorry, I've been travelling home from work the past 2 days.

It'll be with the live race. I'm in mountain daylight, so I assume the race is at 9 am eastern.... just like last week.

Ah yes, of course. I think I'll pass. It's 6 AM to me and I must have my beauty sleep. :laugh:

pfc_m_drake
07-10-20, 08:10 PM
I don't know if I can do the video part of the chat (I actually work out by riding my stationary bike while 'watching' the race in my computer room). So I'd look like a mess... Other than the fact too that I don't have a webcam in my computer room.

BUT

I'm up for audio/keyboard.
Let us know.