PDA

View Full Version : "Because it sure as hell doesn't deserve a 20th..."

rabbit
04-27-20, 09:17 PM
Marshall Pruett's 19th Anniversary Guide to Driven
https://marshallpruettpodcast.com/the-marshall-pruett-podcasts-guide-to-driven/

Now, on the 19th anniversary of Driven, something equally horrific has been produced with whatever you might call the content below. And why are we celebrating Driven’s 19th anniversary? Because it sure as hell doesn’t deserve a 20th.

Definitely worth a read :ROFL:

nrc
04-28-20, 12:53 AM
Oh, the humanity. :saywhat: I swear, until the street chase scene I was hoping that it would just be really, really bad and not the total schlock garbage that it turned into.

I never got why they used so much phony track footage when they had so much on track time at different venues. I wouldn't be surprised if that was more for publicity than filming.

indyfan31
04-28-20, 11:21 AM
I never realized how much unbridled stupidity I missed between my fits of laughter in the theater. :rofl:

TravelGal
04-28-20, 11:41 AM
I never realized how much unbridled stupidity I missed between my fits of laughter in the theater. :rofl:

Indyfan31, this is in the running for the best post ever. :rofl::rofl:

nissan gtp
04-28-20, 06:34 PM
good lord that is brilliant. MP will never recover

nrc
04-28-20, 10:33 PM
The punchline is that it's still available for sale or rent from your favorite video service. :gomer:

Lux Interior
05-02-20, 02:00 AM
I actually own that bad boy on DVD. It’s in the “so bad it’s good” category.

nrc
05-02-20, 03:05 AM
I actually own that bad boy on DVD. It’s in the “so bad it’s good” category.

Is there a director's commentary?

Lux Interior
05-02-20, 07:01 PM
Have not watched it in so long I forgot. I’ll have to look lol.

TravelGal
05-02-20, 07:48 PM
OK, guys. Last night I'm watching Secretariat in honor of the not-run Kentucky Derby. As they pause in the starting gate..... the HORSES look at each other. I nearly fell off my seat. No wonder they pull the drivers looking at each antics. :laugh::laugh: At least it wasn't during the race. :laugh::laugh::laugh: