PDA

View Full Version : NFL Off Season 2020

nrc
04-27-20, 12:33 AM
Anyone get anything good for NFL Christmas?

I'm pretty pleased. :p I went into the college playoffs as a Burrow skeptic and came out a believer. At least a believer that they couldn't afford to risk any other choice. Do we finally get our Cinderella story?

The rest of the Bengals' draft haul was pretty satisfactory. Tee Higgins may be a steal and Burrow/Higgins I'm hope that Burrow/Higgins will be the leveled up version of their Daton/Green draft combo.

If they can't solve their linebacker problem with all the linebackers they picked than we have a problem. Hoping that one of them can cover on third down.

The only concern is that they only managed to pick up one offensive lineman. I hope they've got something up their sleeve to fix that.

stroker
04-27-20, 02:08 PM
The Packer faithful are in high dudgeon over the lack of drafting a WR. Lemme run this past you and see what you all think...

I think the 49'rs opened the door to new offensive schemes last year and GB is one of (at least) the teams racing to get through that door before everybody figures it out--specifically the resurgence of the running game. When SF basically ran the ball down Minnesota's throat in the playoffs I think that really opened some eyes. So all the elite WR were gone/priced too high when GB's first round pick came up and they went for Love. Then they went for a power back and a blocking tight end, followed by a squad of offensive linemen. I think they're counting on the current GB wideouts to step up their game this year to balance Davante Adams. I think the idea is that if their running game is legit, that takes a lot of pressure off Rogers and then he won't have to carry the team all by himself like Favre used to try and do.

If it works, great. We'll see. My $.02.

WickerBill
04-27-20, 03:46 PM
...or they're going to sign Antonio Brown. :gomer: