PDA

View Full Version : CoronaVirius simracing

devilmaster
03-27-20, 12:20 PM
So since we're all sitting around anyways...

Anyone got any recommendations for games? built a new system a few months back.....

I've actually started twitch streaming my gaming, playing f1 2019, project cars 2 (which I have been trying to complete vintage lemans in a 3 hour race), motorsport manager, raceroom...

I think I may finally break down and go iracing.

But anyways, anyone have any games they really like?

nrc
03-27-20, 03:45 PM
It's been a while since I've done anything with racing sims. They've always just frustrated me.

For ages I played every FPS from Valve and ID but the draconian dictates of keyboard and mouse or X-box style controller broke my joystick/mouse setup and it all just became too frustrating.

I really want to try the Valve Alyx VR game but now is not the time for a $1k investment in gaming gear.

So lately I just play Company Heroes which provides a lot of replay-ability because of the number of variations in maps, factions, and command doctrine. I tinker with the Xplane 11 flight simulator which provides an amazing flight simulation but very mixed bag on scenery. Still, it's fun to take off from CMH buzz something that looks vaguely like downtown and then land on the flat open plain where our back yard would be.

devilmaster
03-27-20, 04:52 PM
I don't think i've ever played valve games... But i'm not much of a 1st person shooter. Battlefield 1942 was probably my last true fps. (and thats how old now?)

I found an old thread from 13 years ago... https://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?12385-GTR-2-Racing

I had rfactor, and am waiting for rfactor2 to go on sale on my steam wishlist to get it. And I love steam for finding the sales. I have picked up some older titles that have gone on sale to less than 10 bucks and enjoying immensely.

Speaking of which, Automobilista just went on sale as I type this and they have that 1999 Champcar mod I had posted a video of a while back. That's up next. :)

nrc
03-28-20, 02:20 PM
Ever looked at Grid Autosport? I've thought about trying that one just because it's Linux native.

devilmaster
03-28-20, 11:51 PM
Grid is on my steam wishlist.

I believe I missed out as it was on sale the other day. 45 cdn isn't terrible.. but if I can get it for 40 / 50% off I'll grab it.

My current steam gamelist:
Automobilista (with the 1998 CART Extreme mod)
BeamNG
F1 2017
F1 2018
F1 2019
MFlightSim X
Motorsport Manager
Nascar Heat 3
Project Cars 2
RaceRoom Racing Experience
Wreckfest

The wishlist:
Assetto Corsa