PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 moved to Aug 23, the other race moved to july 4th

devilmaster
03-26-20, 01:28 PM

devilmaster
03-26-20, 01:28 PM
placeholders for sure - but trying to be proactive, i'll give them that.

WickerBill
03-26-20, 04:12 PM
That's got some decent odds to be the hottest 500 ever held. It can be downright miserable here mid August. Four years ago, I think it was... we had a 107 degree day in the back half of August.

stroker
03-26-20, 05:58 PM
I tried to go to Smacked Forum to see the reaction but I can't access the site. Is that me or is it gone?

SteveH
03-26-20, 06:30 PM
I tried to go to Smacked Forum to see the reaction but I can't access the site. Is that me or is it gone?

Hawaiian lawyers got to it?

cameraman
03-26-20, 11:53 PM
No, the only person who had the hosting account information & admin access died unexpectedly. So when the renewal came due in January Smackforum went to electron heaven.

gjc2
03-27-20, 04:19 PM
No, the only person who had the hosting account information & admin access died unexpectedly. So when the renewal came due in January Smackforum went to electron heaven.

Assuming that you're referring to TrackForum, I just logged in over there, they're still in business.

devilmaster
03-27-20, 04:45 PM
No, they mean smackforum.net Last I knew Cam had run it. I assume that the admin info died with him.

Miss that crazy aussie, and the others I met here and 7g along the ways.

Would have loved to hear many of their responses to penske buying indy.

TravelGal
03-27-20, 07:02 PM
No, they mean smackforum.net Last I knew Cam had run it. I assume that the admin info died with him.

Miss that crazy aussie, and the others I met here and 7g along the ways.

Would have loved to hear many of their responses to penske buying indy.

Ditto. Cam was a great guy. I arranged a trip or two for him. A few of those guys show up here. Always happy to see rabbit, Nappy, etc. Miss the others, erock, railbird, oddlycalm. I digress. :cry::cry:

opinionated ow
03-27-20, 07:56 PM
July 4 is a double header with the Xfinity series too. (They're both running the road course). Probably make a decent day out to be honest

stroker
03-29-20, 06:41 AM

Well, POOP. Poop, poop, and double POOP. Every once in a while that place was fun.

Maybe Chief will come back.

Lux Interior
04-05-20, 02:25 AM
It was smackedforum. I started and hosted the original smackforum in 2007 and ended up giving it to Cam, because I was getting harassed by the trackforum people and it was harder to harass Cam since he was way over in Australia. Cam passed on and I did not have his login info for the domain. So a guy named MoCartt started it up as smackedforum. Mo passed away suddenly last year and the domain expired in January. Had a good long run.

It started as a place for people who had been banned by crapwagon.

I did all the initial emojis including our Llama mascot. It was fun back in the day.

cameraman
04-05-20, 09:13 PM
Yeah the account info died with someone twice. Some things just were not meant to last.

Speaking of which, does more than one person (preferably in completely different locations) have the keys to this place?

Cuz **** be happening...

nrc
04-06-20, 10:31 AM
Yeah the account info died with someone twice. Some things just were not meant to last.

Speaking of which, does more than one person (preferably in completely different locations) have the keys to this place?

Cuz **** be happening...

We have a letter to our executor in case (God forbid) anything should happen to us. It contains instructions to contact Wickerbill and send him an envelope that contains our hosting and access information.

WB if you want to chat about streamlining that drop me a PM.

Al Czervik
04-06-20, 01:43 PM
It was smackedforum. I started and hosted the original smackforum in 2007 and ended up giving it to Cam, because I was getting harassed by the trackforum people and it was harder to harass Cam since he was way over in Australia. Cam passed on and I did not have his login info for the domain. So a guy named MoCartt started it up as smackedforum. Mo passed away suddenly last year and the domain expired in January. Had a good long run.

I did all the initial emojis including our Llama mascot. It was fun back in the day.

With or without MoCart, the Politics sub forum and the spillover into the racing forums doomed that place. At the end it just wasn't fun anymore

Duroc
04-07-20, 01:16 PM
Smacked forum outlasted the Hulman-George era. :thumbup: It didn't really have much to offer race fans other than a look at :tony: collapsing the family concern and documenting the derp, so maybe it was time. Sorry to hear about MoCartt, another in a long line of handles from Indy Star comments and 7th Gear days that have gone on to the great board track in the sky.

Penske had a steep hill to climb in any event, and postponement certainly doesn't help matters.

nissan gtp
04-10-20, 04:46 PM
With or without MoCart, the Politics sub forum and the spillover into the racing forums doomed that place. At the end it just wasn't fun anymore

It got to be a parody of itself

I do miss Kahuna, good man

Al Czervik
05-08-20, 12:25 PM

It is alive

smackedforum.com

Not a lot of activity, tho.

SteveH
05-08-20, 12:56 PM
Hate lives to fight another day.

nissan gtp
05-08-20, 06:25 PM
It is alive

smackedforum.com

Not a lot of activity, tho.

haha, one post so far. It got a lot more attention on Facebook, lots of good stuff. Guess that says a lot about how old most of us are. :rofl:

rabbit
08-04-20, 04:01 PM
Welp, I actually bought tickets this year. First time back since my sportswriter days (2006 was my last one). Guess I'll try again in 2021.

Racer: Indy 500 to run without spectators (https://racer.com/2020/08/04/indy-500-to-run-without-spectators/)

Chief
08-14-20, 03:32 PM
Well, POOP. Poop, poop, and double POOP. Every once in a while that place was fun.

Maybe Chief will come back.

I'm here my brothers and sisters! :laugh:

Smackedforum was resurrected on Easter Sunday! Longtime admin MoCartt passed just before the 500 last year and the domain ran out in January 2020. But, it's back...

This 2020 fivehunnert....who's who? MY PREDICTION....the field is so green, that MARCO could win! Say it ain't so :p