PDA

View Full Version : Penske announces changes to IMS/500

rabbit
02-14-20, 02:45 PM
https://www.indycar.com/News/2020/02/02-14-Indy500-changes-for-2020

A wide-ranging, multifaceted plan to boost and strengthen the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge and Indianapolis Motor Speedway was unveiled today featuring significant improvements and financial investment that will resonate with fans from Central Indiana and throughout the globe.

The goal of the plan is to produce a legendary Month of May. Enhancements revealed exactly 100 days from the 104th Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 24 include:

The largest purse in Indianapolis 500 history

Improvements to the Indianapolis 500 qualifying format and television schedule

New sponsors investing long term in the “500,” IMS and NTT INDYCAR SERIES

A multimillion-dollar investment in the fan experience at IMS

devilmaster
02-14-20, 11:23 PM
https://www.indycar.com/News/2020/02/02-14-Indy500-changes-for-2020

Read the article. The first part about investing monies into the purse sounds good. Is it at levels needed for teams to say 'lets try for another one off'? That is another question.

Extra sponsors is interesting and hope to hear more about if they invested more and how much, or is it a bone thrown to them to get them to extend.

I haven't followed for a while but does the new bump day rules help? I'm thinking its not the old way but a way to give them extra drama for tv. Actually if the press release promised no brainfart saying 'gimme 4 fast ones', that would be the best improvement so far.

As for the infrastructure improvements: to be honest it just sounds like s**t that wasn't done when the George family knew they were selling - stop making improvements and let the new owners deal with it.

gerhard911
02-15-20, 02:47 AM
A wide-ranging, multifaceted plan to boost and strengthen the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge and Indianapolis Motor Speedway was unveiled today featuring significant improvements and financial investment that will resonate with fans from Central Indiana and throughout the globe.

The goal of the plan is to produce a legendary Month of May. Enhancements revealed exactly 100 days from the 104th Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 24 include:

The largest purse in Indianapolis 500 history

Improvements to the Indianapolis 500 qualifying format and television schedule

New sponsors investing long term in the “500,” IMS and NTT INDYCAR SERIES

A multimillion-dollar investment in the fan experience at IMS

LOL. Even the pimp knows they're the only ones still paying attention.

opinionated ow
02-15-20, 04:50 AM
I haven't followed for a while but does the new bump day rules help? I'm thinking its not the old way but a way to give them extra drama for tv. Actually if the press release promised no brainfart saying 'gimme 4 fast ones', that would be the best improvement so far.

I think it's better than those now in the show getting one shot like they did for TV last year but I'd still prefer it the old way

Lux Interior
02-15-20, 05:26 AM
Roger has tremendous influence and wide-ranging business connections. He also understands racing and has been involved at many levels for decades. With that in mind, in all likelihood great things are ahead for AOW.