PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned - Nazareth Speedway

Elmo T
02-06-20, 09:56 AM
Stumbled across this during a dive down the YouTube rabbit hole. I didn't realize how recent was the transition from dirt to asphalt.

This was my home track and I wish I got to more races there. It was always a fun race to see there with some insane lap times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8VpZe3Iss&t=368s

nrc
02-06-20, 12:19 PM
It's sad that in retrospect the importance of IndyCar to that track is entirely lost. So winners like Martin Truex Jr. are noteworthy but not Al Unser or Mario Andretti. No mention of Roger Penske at all.

cameraman
02-06-20, 06:50 PM
Required link for this topic....

TEKXmEJBBE0

gjc2
02-06-20, 08:08 PM
It's sad that in retrospect the importance of IndyCar to that track is entirely lost. So winners like Martin Truex Jr. are noteworthy but not Al Unser or Mario Andretti. No mention of Roger Penske at all.

I doubt the producer of that video has any actual knowledge of motorsports, to him everything is NASCAR.

pfc_m_drake
03-24-20, 09:43 PM
I doubt the producer of that video has any actual knowledge of motorsports, to him everything is NASCAR.
Jake Williams.
Believe it or not, he's actually Canadian (lives outside of Toronto). So he doesn't have the typical American attitude of Auto Racing = NASCAR.

Jake's two specialties are abandoned places and Disney.
MOST of the time his channel is quite good, but this was by far his poorest effort. But, in his defense, his focus was on the abandoned aspect rather than the racing aspect. I doubt Jake has knowledge of ANY type of racing.