PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Ads 2020

nrc
02-03-20, 03:38 AM
Not a great crop but 2020 did feature what I thought was the best SB ad in a long time. The Jason Mamoa Rocket Mortgage ad was excellent. Great gag and something everyone will be talking about. Honorable mention to the Weather Tech Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine spot. He's a good boy and I'm glad he's doing ok.

Lots of bad ads with the usual corporate posturing. The Michelob "Organic Farming" bit was the most insulting. They're going support converting six square feet of land to organic farming for every six pack sold. Like they're not just taking credit for sourcing their own organic supplies. It's not like you can just convert land to organic if there's not an market for it.

Creepiest ad goes to Google for trying to humanize their process of recording and tracking all your most intimate information. Hey Google, sing "Daisy" for me.

The half time show was just let's just throw everything we can into 20 minutes to overwhelm everyone and don't worry too much about the musical performance. It wasn't for me which is fine because it wasn't aimed at me.

SteveH
02-03-20, 08:52 AM
My favorite
https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1224003874249494529

My son flew with a pilot who lives in Woodstock IL and saw Bill Murray filming in downtown Woodstock last week.

nrc
02-03-20, 11:08 AM
My favorite
https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1224003874249494529

My son flew with a pilot who lives in Woodstock IL and saw Bill Murray filming in downtown Woodstock last week.

Yeah, forgot about that one. Excellent. Also the Walmart aliens ad was pretty good.

WickerBill
02-03-20, 02:30 PM
The Tide ads with multiple other product placements always confuse me, and then it didn't help that P&G did the same thing in the 4th quarter.

I liked Groundhog Day and Jason Mamoa best.

TravelGal
02-03-20, 04:39 PM
The Tide ads with multiple other product placements always confuse me, and then it didn't help that P&G did the same thing in the 4th quarter.

Ditto. I concluded that the advertisers consider us all nitwits with the attention span of a gnat. Having said that, I liked the Ground Hog Day spoof with Bill Murray. At least I remember the product! Before the madness, I liked the insurance commercial (um?) when the wife grabs the phone and asks what the agent is wearing. From a travel standpoint, Turkish Airlines once again had an incredibly classy ad that was lost in the rubble near the end. About halfway through the preshow the ad/product placement on the NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) Edge was cute even if inaccurate. Having done their go karts, I can tell you that if you spin out (I didn't but I saw it happen), you just reverse or the "steward" comes and helps you get going again. I didn't particularly like the pre-Alexa but appreciated the concept. The Kia ads were good but nothing will ever match the hamsters.

I was astonished at the number of E car ads. Too bad Budweiser phased out the Clydesdales. They were the only ads everyone could agree on.

SteveH
02-03-20, 05:13 PM
nothing will ever match the hamsters

:thumbup:

WickerBill
02-03-20, 08:13 PM
Forgot Cheeto fingers. Liked it.

TravelGal
02-03-20, 09:03 PM
Forgot Cheeto fingers. Liked it.

A trifle overdone but yeah, funny. :thumbup:

TRDfan
02-05-20, 10:26 PM
In these parts (near Winona) everyone was excited for the Winona (Ryder) in Winona (MN) ad. What a bust.
Stupid Fargo rip off.

However, if people go online, there is some pretty nice shots (and videos) of a really nice river city.

nrc
02-06-20, 02:18 AM
In these parts (near Winona) everyone was excited for the Winona (Ryder) in Winona (MN) ad. What a bust.
Stupid Fargo rip off.

However, if people go online, there is some pretty nice shots (and videos) of a really nice river city.

Yeah, I didn't get it. Didn't recognize Winona. Didn't get know she was from Winona. Didn't get the reason for the Fargo thing. Didn't know if it was real or just a gag for Squarespace. Giant fail. Except that we're talking about it, I guess.

G.
02-07-20, 03:40 PM
Winona (MN)

I only remember the inside of the police station, but that was pretty nice!

;):rofl::eek::D