01-06-20, 08:56 PM
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran-race-commentator-varsha-battling-cancer/

:(

TravelGal
01-07-20, 02:09 PM
https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran-race-commentator-varsha-battling-cancer/

:(

Bob's update to the GoFundMe today: Today by Robert Varsha, Beneficiary
I’m speechless, which is awkward for a guy who makes his living with words. The response to Marshall Pruett’s kind creation of this page is the most humbling event of my life, and the avalanche of support from so many people who have reached out from around the world moves me to tears again and again. Thank you all so much! I’m writing this from the infusion chair on my first day of chemotherapy. My goal is to enjoy an event with you again before 2020 is out.

TravelGal
06-08-20, 01:19 AM
Unbelievable. Update from Bob Varsha's GoFundMe page.

the failure of the chemo could mean only one of two things: either the nasty small-cell cancer was drug-resistant, which it was not known to be, or it was simply not there at all. So we sent my biopsy tissue to two additional labs, including highly-regarded Johns Hopkins. The verdict was unanimous: no small-cell cancer present after all. The chemo, with all the nasty side effects, including a coronavirus infection, was for nothing.

We are now back at square one. I still have the more common form of the prostate disease, adenocarcinoma, but I have declined surgery, and I am undergoing hormone suppression in preparation for radiation treatment. I cannot stress it enough: get second and even third opinions when it comes to potentially life-altering medical decisions.

nrc
06-09-20, 02:38 AM
Ugh! That's terrible. Hoping that now that they can focus on the real problem that treatment will be successful. :(

TedN
08-15-20, 07:44 AM
Am watching the WEC race from Spa this morning and the announcers said that Bob will be returning to the commentary booth.

:thumbup:

rabbit
08-17-20, 01:30 PM
Am watching the WEC race from Spa this morning and the announcers said that Bob will be returning to the commentary booth.

:thumbup:

<3

nrc
08-17-20, 08:18 PM
That's great to hear.