PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Rules Changes

TravelGal
01-04-20, 02:27 PM
Racer is doing a nice series on the new rules for Spindy car. So far push to pas, restarts, and red flags. All of them seem reasonable. How that's for a change for the new decade?!

Lux Interior
01-12-20, 09:59 AM
Never been a fan of push to pass. Makes it like a video game or something.

Gopeddle
01-14-20, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of P to P or F1's DRS zones. They seem to reward a mediocre driver for not being able to make a creative pass.

Lux Interior
01-14-20, 08:43 PM
Agree. It’s manufactured excitement instead of the real thing.

TravelGal
01-15-20, 02:39 PM
Agree. It’s manufactured excitement instead of the real thing.

Yes. Those DRS zones especially make me crazy. At least with P to P the driver has some control over when and where and how. With the DRS it's all too preset.

G.
01-16-20, 03:32 PM
I don't mind PtoP. I don't love it either.

It's a never-ending battle.
They make rules to level out the playing field, then they need to add more excitement since the cars are "all the same".

The PtoP gives the driver something to control, misuse, use wisely, forget to use, etc.
It also gives the viewer something to ponder on during the race (after they've considered the impact of the cars driving upside-down and covering a football field per second). :tony:

Also, back in the old days (CART), I know of at least one engine that had a similar button. It changed something subtle in the engine mapping (it wasn't a boost of 100 HP, it was something less than that).
If you used the button too much, you risked setting off a grenade in the ass-end of the car. :D
Not everyone got that button. Sometimes, not everyone on the same team. ;)

Which race series had the fans vote on extra PtoP? Didn't the Vacuum Cleaner series do that for a bit? That was dumb. That was FTG dumb.

opinionated ow
01-17-20, 07:58 AM
I don't mind PtoP. I don't love it either.

It's a never-ending battle.
They make rules to level out the playing field, then they need to add more excitement since the cars are "all the same".

The PtoP gives the driver something to control, misuse, use wisely, forget to use, etc.
It also gives the viewer something to ponder on during the race (after they've considered the impact of the cars driving upside-down and covering a football field per second). :tony:

Also, back in the old days (CART), I know of at least one engine that had a similar button. It changed something subtle in the engine mapping (it wasn't a boost of 100 HP, it was something less than that).
If you used the button too much, you risked setting off a grenade in the ass-end of the car. :D
Not everyone got that button. Sometimes, not everyone on the same team. ;)

Which race series had the fans vote on extra PtoP? Didn't the Vacuum Cleaner series do that for a bit? That was dumb. That was FTG dumb.

Formula Enervating has the fan vote nonsense. As well as the ridiculous MarioKart speed up zones.

CART didn't have the strictly controlled engine regulations they have now so if you used an overtake button you did it at risk to your own engine's longevity. The current P2P system is a no stress engineered component of the system with absolutely no risk. It barely makes a difference and the engines can easily run at the higher RPM so just let them do it.

G.
01-18-20, 12:02 AM
CART didn't have the strictly controlled engine regulations they have now so if you used an overtake button you did it at risk to your own engine's longevity. The current P2P system is a no stress engineered component of the system with absolutely no risk. It barely makes a difference and the engines can easily run at the higher RPM so just let them do it.

Yep.

run at the higher RPM so just let them do it
Maybe after a decade of the Captain and family running the show, we could dream of them opening up the regulations.

If they did that now, it would end up being the Captain, Andretti and Ganassi Shitshow, and the whining would cause it all to self-implode into a black hole of suck. And the Gomeratti would rejoyce that Penske didn't change a thing. :gomer: